Roku tvs/ Netflix

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
i have a problem playing Netflix on Roku tvs, my girlfriend family had the same problem but hook up anything external device to the Roku tvs and play Netflix though the external device Netflix will play just fine , anyone else this problem ?

i have a problem playing Netflix on Roku tvs, my girlfriend family had the same problem but hook up anything external device to the Roku tvs and play Netflix though the external device Netflix will play just fine , anyone else this problem ?
What are the brands and model number.

Not all Roku TVs are the same

Reactions: navychop
mine are onn. and roku brand, dont know model number
ONN are Walmart made and use the Roku interface, very low on memory and have been known to have app issues.

The only option is delete the app and re-install, hopefully that will work.

An external fire stick might work better for cheap.

How old is the TV? S/W updates may have left it behind.

I have a cheap Roku brand TV in the kitchen. Works great with the AppleTV 4K hooked up to it, but it is essentially unusable all by itself. Not sure how they can get away with selling such underpowered devices.

I have a cheap Roku brand TV in the kitchen. Works great with the AppleTV 4K hooked up to it, but it is essentially unusable all by itself. Not sure how they can get away with selling such underpowered devices.

They are not the best on more expensive TVs either, my son has a Sony X95J, almost 3 years old, Android TV on it is extremely slow, he gave up and bought a Roku Ultra, works perfect again.

Reactions: navychop and Bobby
They are not the best on more expensive TVs either, my son has a Sony X95J, almost 3 years old, Android TV on it is extremely slow, he gave up and bought a Roku Ultra, works perfect again.
I have a 2 year old Sony KD65X85J and it plays all the apps just fine. However, it is hardwired (Cat5e), not running on Wi-Fi. Everyone I have seen complain about poor app performance has been using Wi-Fi in every instance.

Reactions: AZ.
My X95K is working very well ... quite snappy, so far.

Also, on the X95, there is a place to update your Apps on the TV.
Unfortunately I did it quite awhile ago, should look into confirming, but I believe it was just a setting that told the TV to update when available.

I have a 2 year old Sony KD65X85J and it plays all the apps just fine. However, it is hardwired (Cat5e), not running on Wi-Fi. Everyone I have seen complain about poor app performance has been using Wi-Fi in every instance.
Never posted they do not play, just getting slower, why I prefer a external device, lot cheaper to replace.