Roku's VOD service

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Less than 2 weeks ago Roku launched their own VOD service (movies and TV, purchase or rental), mGO.
Can't comment on the quality of the streaming but price wise it seems to be on
par w/ VUDU and has a decent selection of new arrivals and older classics.

This week, Despicable Me 2 (SD), was on sale for 5.99$

Cheers, K

Less than 2 weeks ago Roku launched their own VOD service (movies and TV, purchase or rental), mGO.
Can't comment on the quality of the streaming but price wise it seems to be on
par w/ VUDU and has a decent selection of new arrivals and older classics.

This week, Despicable Me 2 (SD), was on sale for 5.99$

Cheers, K
That's on the high end.
Amazon is $3-4.99 for HD.

Yeah that seems high. I had not even noticed, Ill give it a look, but at this point, my options are so vast I really do not see any advantage to using it, especially if it isnt at the least the same price.

The biggest difference between M-Go and Vudu is resolution. Vudu delivers 1080p and M-Go delivers 720p for the same money.

Neither Roku or Vizio owns any part of M-Go, they both accepted money to feature the service on their products.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thats a good idea for a VOD thread... ie- comparing services like VUDU, Mgo, Amazon, Redbox, PSN Movie, Xbox Marketplace... such as resolution, speed, cost, bandwidth...

I used my 2 freebees on Mgo and found the picture quality was down a step or two from Vudu, Netflix or Amazon. Doubt it was the resolution in my eyes as I only have the Roku hd which maxes out 720p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)