Rollback an updated version?

liveswithmom

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Anyone know how to rollback a software update? I seem to recall that XP let you do things like that but I have not been able to find it. Or better yet, TT - why don't you post the previous builds on your website so that when people do your beta-testing and realize that it doesn't work they can go back to a more stable build.

1.6 is as stable as a two-legged stool. Give me 1.5 back so that I don't have to babysit this software!!

liveswithmom said:
Anyone know how to rollback a software update? I seem to recall that XP let you do things like that but I have not been able to find it. Or better yet, TT - why don't you post the previous builds on your website so that when people do your beta-testing and realize that it doesn't work they can go back to a more stable build.

1.6 is as stable as a two-legged stool. Give me 1.5 back so that I don't have to babysit this software!!

I might have the 1.5 version you're looking for - I will take a look. I will post the link here if you still have want it - or over at the open forums....

PNut - thanks for that offer! I just found a 1.5 version on an old drive that I will try tonight - problem is, there were several 1.5.x versions and I am not sure which one this is.

Sure would be nice if there was a repository of old versions out on TT's website, then again, it sure would be nice if TT stopped taking a dump on my machine. Real nice...

PN has been banned from this forum, so he can not help you at this time. I have also recieved information that TT doesn't want other people to distribute older versions of their software, so that is an issue as well.

Oops sorry about that. I just assumed it was no problem. I did resolve my issue myself and now have a good working version 1.6.......... Now if I could get that stupid register problem to quit everytime it opens.

src666 said:
PN has been banned from this forum, so he can not help you at this time. I have also recieved information that TT doesn't want other people to distribute older versions of their software, so that is an issue as well.

Why was he banned? He is knowledgable and I enjoyed his posts.

Do you ban people that come here and are critical of your software?

People are banned, and posts are deleted.

If you are looking for a sanitized view of the product and user experience, THIS seems to be the place. Open and honest discussion that is critical is unlikely to be tolerated.

However, like everyone else, you already appear to have figured that out.

A few simple reminders from those wiser than us ....

"Treat every customer as if they sign your paycheck…because they do."
--- Unknown

"There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else."
--- Sam Walton

"If we don’t take care of our customers, someone else will."
--- Unknown

"If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends."
--- Jeff Bezos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)