Roof mount?

The HDMI cable I wanted at Monoprice was backordered so, after a few days, I just ordered a different cable along with 50ft of RG6 Component cable. This order is due next Tues. No HD for me this weekend.:(

But the DB2 antenna did arrive this week. It was very easy to add to my existing mast. After feeding a new coax up the mast, the only tools I needed were a ladder to get on the roof and a pair of needle-nose pliers to grab the end of coax out of the top of the mast. I aimed the DB2 at about 60 degrees. Except for PBS, all of the local broadcasts come in great. This made me realize that PBS is broadcast from about 80 degrees, which lines up with the row of houses down my street. I don't care to go through the trouble of getting this antenna high enough just to get PBS in better. Funny thing though, PBS registers in 722's low 70's% signal strength and programming drops out regularly, whereas NCB at 45 degrees, twice the distance and in the low-mid 70's% signal strength is rock solid (both are yellow).
In reviewing my Antenna Web results more closely, I also realized that my local NBC affiliate's digital broadcast will revert to it's traditional VHF band next Feb post-transition. It looks like I'll have to come up with a combined VHF/UHF solution. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Meanwhile, three DVR enabled HD tuners in one device is NICE!
Here's a pic of the new 1000.2 Dish with DB2 antenna on my through-the-roof mast, effective and discrete:

The HDMI cable I wanted at Monoprice was backordered so, after a few days, I just ordered a different cable along with 50ft of RG6 Component cable. This order is due next Tues. No HD for me this weekend.:(

But the DB2 antenna did arrive this week. It was very easy to add to my existing mast. After feeding a new coax up the mast, the only tools I needed were a ladder to get on the roof and a pair of needle-nose pliers to grab the end of coax out of the top of the mast. I aimed the DB2 at about 60 degrees. Except for PBS, all of the local broadcasts come in great. This made me realize that PBS is broadcast from about 80 degrees, which lines up with the row of houses down my street. I don't care to go through the trouble of getting this antenna high enough just to get PBS in better. Funny thing though, PBS registers in 722's low 70's% signal strength and programming drops out regularly, whereas NCB at 45 degrees, twice the distance and in the low-mid 70's% signal strength is rock solid (both are yellow).
In reviewing my Antenna Web results more closely, I also realized that my local NBC affiliate's digital broadcast will revert to it's traditional VHF band next Feb post-transition. It looks like I'll have to come up with a combined VHF/UHF solution. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Meanwhile, three DVR enabled HD tuners in one device is NICE!
Here's a pic of the new 1000.2 Dish with DB2 antenna on my through-the-roof mast, effective and discrete:

Looks good airtv, glad it all worked out for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts