Roof mounts/Fall Protection

you guys are insane :)

I recall the installer here wanted to put it on the top of the chimney [pretty darn high up] and we ended up convincing him to put it on the garage (lower roof, still decent LOS) - somehow he wasn't quite thankful in the end, but damn if that didn't make his job a lot easier (less wire, too). Oh well.

You guys are nuts :p

So, the obvious question is-- maybe not so obvious as no one asked:

What protects the installer while he is installing the anchor point for protection?

As a former Plant engineer, I found so many OSHA rules stupid. But you have to follow them as it's the law.

You have a anchor point, (3) 3" lag screws into raftor. A retractable carabiner 10' in length and a body harness. If the tech needs to go up more then 10' onto your roof, he/she needs to install a 2nd anchor point.

I have an anchor point... its called the mast... one hand on the mast... just in case I fall :)
and its better than an anchor point, its got at least 6 lag bolts in it :)

you guys are insane :)

I recall the installer here wanted to put it on the top of the chimney [pretty darn high up] and we ended up convincing him to put it on the garage (lower roof, still decent LOS) - somehow he wasn't quite thankful in the end, but damn if that didn't make his job a lot easier (less wire, too). Oh well.

You guys are nuts :p

Some people are. Not me. No idea why that guy wanted to put it up there. I'm just the opposite. I look for the lowest place first, then high as a last resort.