Roseanne revival premieres to massive ratings

Leonard, I mean David, is moving to the area. I guess they're setting it up for guest appearances during later seasons.

I am afraid the bloom is off the rose here. Not sure how many cast members would bolt-----or at least try to. The whole thing is beyond belief.

Reactions: TheKrell
Even if they lowered their moral standards enough to do so, no other network or streaming service would pick this show up without facing massive advertiser boycotts. ABC, which is of course owned by Disney, did the only thing they could do--and the right thing. It's very unfortunate for those who are out of a job now.

Reactions: mackie99
How long before she lands her next gig? Not long, I’ll bet. Memories are fleeting.

I feel bad for all the cast and crew . She royal screwed them . I never cared for her I never thought she was funny just rude.

Reactions: mackie99
How long before she lands her next gig? Not long, I’ll bet. Memories are fleeting.
Let's ask Michael Richards...

It's not like there wasn't the whole "Rosanne dressed as Hitler" magazine shoot out there. Asking Rossane to be respectful of other people's feelings is like asking Paula Dean to stop cooking with butter.

Yet Disney will hire back Keith Olbermann for the 6th time. If you want to be a political "pundit", join one of the many shows on cable and network, otherwise stick to the job you were paid to do.

S~

Reactions: camo and osu1991
'Roseanne' Reboot: Discussions Centered Around Sara Gilbert

Roseanne" may be on the verge of rising from the dead with a second reboot, but this time centered around Sarah Gilbert's character ... TMZ has learned.

Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... the powers that be at ABC are exploring the possibility of re-branding the show and focusing on the character Darlene instead of Roseanne.

ABC in Talks to Reboot 'Roseanne' Centered Around Sara Gilbert

S~

kind of like when they rebooted the Dick Van Dyke Show to be about Richie.

kind of like when they rebooted the Dick Van Dyke Show to be about Richie.
Or Mayberry RFD when Andy Griffith left.

Unfortuantely, I don't think there's ever been a show that survived for long when it's main character left.
Hogan Family survived Valerie leaving, but that was after it's first year, and she wasn't really ingrained yet. I suppose Two and a half men kinda did, but it was a shell of it's former self, and suffered in the ratings.

Hard to see Roseann being able to survive without her, seeing how she's been the sole focus for so long, and people watched because of her, not her supporting cast.

Or Mayberry RFD when Andy Griffith left.

Unfortuantely, I don't think there's ever been a show that survived for long when it's main character left.
Hogan Family survived Valerie leaving, but that was after it's first year, and she wasn't really ingrained yet. I suppose Two and a half men kinda did, but it was a shell of it's former self, and suffered in the ratings.

Hard to see Roseann being able to survive without her, seeing how she's been the sole focus for so long, and people watched because of her, not her supporting cast.
MASH lost several main characters

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

They do have a good way to get rid of her though, just have her die during the knee surgery she was going to have.

As it is, since she's a part owner of the show, it's going to be very hard to go on without her if she's refuses to let them.

Reactions: TheKrell
MASH lost several main characters
!
MASH was an ensemble show. And it never lost it's main lead (Alan Alda).

Plus the first two losses (Wayne Rogers & McClain Stevenson), were only after it's 3rd season when the show was relatively young. Except for Larry Linville a couple years later the main cast remained constant for the next 8 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)