Rotating an elliptical Starchoice dish by 90 degree?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jenom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
I have a grey fiberglass Starchoice dish (height 27", width 37")
mounted on the wall.
The mounting bracket and post was designed for 33" round dish, therefore I got a limited angle in rotatiNG sideways, because the longer sides of the dish hits the wall.
Thinking of:
Rotate the dish 90 degrees, so the wider side will be vertical and rotate the LNB by 90 degree too !
Anybody have tried to do this with an elliptical dish ? Your experience ?
Thanks !

So I should not rotate the LNB ?
How would it work ?
Thanks !

you would need to rotate the LNB but the eliptical SC dish the LNB is built into the arm so you can't rotate it.

Starchoice dish

Thanks for the info !
Originally it had a Quad LNB, which was either defective or it was just me....but I could not get it working.
I have managed to cut off 4" from the arm, mounted a round shape LNB holder and a linear LNB in that piece, then created a plastic insert/bracket which connects between the remaining arm and the 4" piece......so the new LNB's feedhorn ended up in a same location.

(see attached two pictures)

My wall facing south , so far I was able to get AMC5, AMC9 and SBS6, but when i try to go more to the west (IA6, IA5,Galaxy4,AMC4).......my dish hits the wall.
Once the killing temperatures will go down ( in a week ?), I will be up there and turning everything !

Attachments

• SC1.JPG
    SC1.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 173
  • SC2.JPG
    SC2.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)