rote for hopper

papayazz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
canby
Is there a remote I could use for the hopper that is very,very simple? I have a family member that has alzheimers and has problems remembering how to use the remote. I would like to find one that only has on/off,guide,channel up/down,and volume buttons. thanks for any help

I was pretty sure the Dish basic remote was not compatible with the Hopper, but to verify I tested it out with both of my Hoppers (IR Enabled) and it would not work. I also confirmed my remote was working by using it with an old 222K that I have and it worked with the 222K right away. You could try getting your own universal remote thats basic and see if that works, and most likely it will, but the Dish basic remote doesn't function the same way as a generic universal remote and because of that it isn't compatible with the Hopper.

Last edited:
I was pretty sure the Dish basic remote was not compatible with the Hopper, but to verify I tested it out with both of my Hoppers (IR Enabled) and it would not work. I also confirmed my remote was working by using it with an old 222K that I have and it worked with the 222K right away. You could try getting your own universal remote thats basic and see if that works, and most likely it will, but the Dish basic remote doesn't function the same way as a generic universal remote and because of that it isn't compatible with the Hopper.

Lucky, did you enable IR?

Lucky, did you enable IR?
;)

The basic remote sends out 16 (I believe) codes at once and it is transmitting a different frequency range than what a normal universal remote transmits when programmed to remote address 1 in IR. I believe that the Hopper is seeing the IR signal but isn't able to detect the commands because of the frequency the basic remote uses. I tested both my Hoppers with a 21.0 remote in IR mode and they both responded to the 21.0 correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts