Royals, FSN Midwest/KC, and Iowa

Status
Please reply by conversation.

garn9173

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
Ankeny, IA
Well some good news and bad news for Royals fans in Iowa. Good news is that the Royals will be seen in Iowa on FSN Midwest, the bad news is that it's only 45 games.

Yesterday, I spoke to a representative at FSN Midwest and basically satellite users are getting screwed over. I was told that FSN has to give the same deal to satellite as to cable, even though I already have DirecTV channel 648 which will become FSN Kansas City via the sports package and any game that isn't on FSN Midwest will be blacked out on channel 648. Further more, I was told if Mediacom (Iowa's largest cable provider) ever decided to go with the full package of games, then satellite will get the full slate of games as well.

Somehow, I think I was given a bunch of B.S. If satellites have to accept the same deal as the cable companies, then I wouldn't be getting Big 10 Network at all. Personally, I think Mediacom is trying to get a little revenge against FSN for the Big 10 Network and other issues, but that's a topic for another day.

Guess i'll find out Monday if the Royals season opener against Detroit will be made available on MLB EI through FSN Detroit as Iowa won't be receving the game on FSN Midwest. If I get the game, i'll be buying MLB EI to ensure I get all of the Royals games on TV, even if it's the opposing teams feed.

All of this and KC is the closet MLB market to Des Moines. Un freaking believable.

You will be blacked out on MLB EI for any Royals games since Royals are in-market in Iowa. MLBEI is for out-of-market games only - no matter whether it is the Royals or the other teams broadcast.

Status
Please reply by conversation.