RR Lightning (40mbit / 4mbit) Coming to Central Florida this summer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have a desktop, 2 lap tops and 2 phones sharing the bandwidth. I also have a VOIP line from T-Mobile and UMA calling on my blackberry. Even if I'm downloading or streaming something, I don't have to worry about any issues (minor as they might have been) with download speeds or upload speeds (call quality or occasional dropped calls)

i haven't received any emails about it coming soon in ages. have't received any emails saying its here either.

website still says pre register. where are you seeing it say differently justin?

i haven't received any emails about it coming soon in ages. have't received any emails saying its here either.

website still says pre register. where are you seeing it say differently justin?

The home page used to say Coming Soon, Now it just advertise it Roadrunner Lighting with no coming soon anymore.. And also for a few days now Bright House has been advertising Roadrunner lighting without Coming Soon instead it gives me information about it and says get it today!!

any of you who have lightning getting anywhere close to 40mb download? i'm pinging around 24/

long conversation with bh, seems to be okay with ethernet not wireless. sending someone next week to check my tap but may need to upgrade wireless card/

Last edited:
any of you who have lightning getting anywhere close to 40mb download? i'm pinging around 24/

long conversation with bh, seems to be okay with ethernet not wireless. sending someone next week to check my tap but may need to upgrade wireless card/

If you are getting good speeds via ethernet it has absolutely nothing to do with the tap. No idea why they would even send a service tech to check that. If its only a wireless speed issue, they need to send a PC tech.

Also note the only way you will see speeds in the 30+ range wirelessly is if you have a N Wireless card in your computer. If your card is not a N card then you will not get the full speed of lightning via wireless.

Also note if you have other computers on your network that are not N, the router will disable N and even your PC with N card will be slowed to lower speeds.

i think bh decided to send someone to check the tap before they realized it was a wireless card issue. my laptop is 3 years old so i'm guessing it doesn't have an n card. i was told to call asap after monday if their is no change. i'm sure they will have to send a pc tech. as long as it is fine with ethernet (for now), i can wait until next week to call them back unless you can cancel monday's visit and sked an appropriate tech.

i think bh decided to send someone to check the tap before they realized it was a wireless card issue. my laptop is 3 years old so i'm guessing it doesn't have an n card. i was told to call asap after monday if their is no change. i'm sure they will have to send a pc tech. as long as it is fine with ethernet (for now), i can wait until next week to call them back unless you can cancel monday's visit and sked an appropriate tech.

Im not in the Daytona area, I am in central. But they can do it via the telephone. However the only thing the PC tech will be able to do for you is verify its your card (by bringing in his laptop with the N card and testing speeds) I think BHN offers N cards for free? If im not mistaken for Lightning customers. You can check your card out on google to see if its N. If you do not know how tell me what type of PC it is and what year you got it maybe even a part number/model number of the laptop if you can find it we can look it up for you. This way you can let BHN know you need a N card to be brought to your house. This way it will save a trip.

Im not in the Daytona area, I am in central. But they can do it via the telephone. However the only thing the PC tech will be able to do for you is verify its your card (by bringing in his laptop with the N card and testing speeds) I think BHN offers N cards for free? If im not mistaken for Lightning customers. You can check your card out on google to see if its N. If you do not know how tell me what type of PC it is and what year you got it maybe even a part number/model number of the laptop if you can find it we can look it up for you. This way you can let BHN know you need a N card to be brought to your house. This way it will save a trip.

definitely a g card. on the phone with bhn now and they want to charge me 30 dollars for the n card plus 50 for the installation. i'm being told they overcharged for the trip so the csr is meeting me half way and charging me 30 all together.

definitely a g card. on the phone with bhn now and they want to charge me 30 dollars for the n card plus 50 for the installation. i'm being told they overcharged for the trip so the csr is meeting me half way and charging me 30 all together.

I guess I was wrong about it being free. Maybe that was just during the beta they were handing them out like candy. But 30 bucks is reasonable if you shop online for them they seem to be running anywhere from 20 to 60$.

Installing is simple you just plug it in like any USB Device. If they are gonna install it and give you the card for 30 bucks id take it. Rather then trying to order a cheaper card for 20 bucks online and installing yourself.

802.11g is 54 Mbps. Why isn't that satisfactory for Lightning?

n June 2003, a third modulation standard was ratified: 802.11g. This works in the 2.4 GHz band (like 802.11b), but uses the same OFDM based transmission scheme as 802.11a. It operates at a maximum physical layer bit rate of 54 Mbit/s exclusive of forward error correction codes, or about 22 Mbit/s average throughput.[10] 802.11g hardware is fully backwards compatible with 802.11b hardware and therefore is encumbered with legacy issues that reduce throughput when compared to 802.11a by ~21%.

---

Which is pretty much in line with what ice say she is getting "about 22mbit"

n June 2003, a third modulation standard was ratified: 802.11g. This works in the 2.4 GHz band (like 802.11b), but uses the same OFDM based transmission scheme as 802.11a. It operates at a maximum physical layer bit rate of 54 Mbit/s exclusive of forward error correction codes, or about 22 Mbit/s average throughput.[10] 802.11g hardware is fully backwards compatible with 802.11b hardware and therefore is encumbered with legacy issues that reduce throughput when compared to 802.11a by ~21%...

What is the unspecified Ref [10]? And what did this quote come from?

The only cards being issued now are N class. There is no charge for the installation beyond the $30 or so dollars. Where that $50 came in sounds like your Lightning install charge.

The only cards being issued now are N class. There is no charge for the installation beyond the $30 or so dollars. Where that $50 came in sounds like your Lightning install charge.

No its because its a "second trip" if the Card is installed on the first trip then you do not need the 50$ charge but only the cost of the card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)