rsn hd feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

one bad mudder

Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
If I add the sports pack, unless they changed the name, how many games should I expect to get, and how many will be blocked out, I have a h20 so will i also get the Hd feeds of these channels?

I had 3 free months off it 3 years ago, but if I remember right most games were blacked out. is this still the case?

thanks

Welcome to the forum!

This really depends on your market. Some RSN's are HD 24/7. Some are "game only" HD. And even then, it depends very heavily on which RSN's have chosen to go HD and to what capacity. Bottom line: if it is shot/produced in HD from your home market, you should get your home market feed in HD. Out of market HD feeds will generally require a subscription to a package (MLBEI, NHLCI, NFLST, etc).

ok so justt to make sure I get this, there is no advantage to buying this package since all sportting events will be blacked out except the one I already get. sounds like a major waste of money.

thanks for the quick reply

Well, in your case, it may be a waste. But for someone who follows the SF Giants but lives in Bangor, Maine, this may be the best, last, and only option for seeing their favorite team...except for those games carried by ESPN or Fox...and even then, territorial restrictions may force that Maine fan to see the Mets/Phillies and not the Giants/Dodgers game on any particular day.

But it is not JUST the broadcast feeds...subbing to EI or ST also offers some other interactive features not available with just getting the SportsPack. And there is a great deal of college sports on the SportsPack that is not blacked out.

Well now we are getting somewhere. I follow the Jays in baseball, but they are NEVER on my local RSN. when I had the pack before everytime I tuned to the RSN where they were playing, it was blacked out. Might be worth a look come next hockey season.

Status
Please reply by conversation.