RSNs and Superstations in HD

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
I emailed the corporate office at E* last week to ask about any updates and plans to provide RSNs and the Superstations in HD, since that option is available to other viewers already. Here is the answer for both:

At this time we do not have specific plans for launching RSNs/Superstations in HD.

Maybe there is no real interest from the subscriber base for these channels but I still feel these are opportunites being wasted to actually build the base.

We HD folks are still a rare not profitable commodity apparently.

I agree weith you---anfd I think that they could. but some around here insist that only the anlog versions of the superstations are actaully superstations.

Well a couple RSN's have just been activated. Lets hope many more come on very soon.

I have said in other threads, the "Superstations" in HD should be a priority now seeing as Dish is mainly only activating the "Big 4". Many of us would like to see The CW and MyTV in HD and doing this one seemingly simple move would be able to please many across the entire country.

The national PBS feed in HD should be included as well.

I guess I am just plain old dumb because I don't understand whats going on here.
:confused:

Please, nobody chime in about OTA antennas as that is no option for many of us out in the boonies like me. www.antennaweb.org tells me I would need a tower close to 2000 feet high to get what I want.. lol Such is life on the wrong side of the mountain.

BTW.. I live in a town that probably has one of the oldest cable systems for just that reason. A TV repairman named Alan Gerry lives here. He had a vision to put an antenna on top of a nearby mountain and string the antenna wire down the hill and all around the town.

That was in the early 1960's. His idea was an instant success.

He went on to duplicate this idea in many other places. The name of his company was "Cablevision Industries" aka "CVI". Many I am sure many have heard of that company. It was sold to TWC several years ago and Mr. Gerry is now on the Forbes List. I forget what number but who cares.

Just a little Liberty, NY history.

Oh yeah.. The Woodstock 1969 Concert happened just a few miles from here too. Now that was totally wild! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)