RSNs in HD?

Mr.Pinkeye

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
South of Boston
Anyone have any scoop (or at least theories) on what 11 RSNs E* is in negotiations with for HD feeds?

Please be NESN, Please be NESN, Please be NESN.

I'd look to see which HD LIL Transponders have the most room on them. Then I guess try to factor out any political/history barriers. Such as Philly's CSN, or YES being ruled out.

I suspect they would put the HD RSNs on national TPs, probably 61.5/129. This makes it easier for their out of market packages to feature more games in HD.

Is there an easy way to find out the ratings for the RSNs? Would they have used that to prioritize which RSNs to negotiate with first?

I hope SNY is one of those first 11. Mets home games look great in SD, so in HD they probably look that much better.

zitro said:
Is there an easy way to find out the ratings for the RSNs? Would they have used that to prioritize which RSNs to negotiate with first?

I hope SNY is one of those first 11. Mets home games look great in SD, so in HD they probably look that much better.

Yes, and not only is SNY HD a 24 hour channel, but they do more HD programming than any other RSN. They do their sportsnite show every night in HD. They replay the games in HD, and they do a lot of their weekly shows in HD. SNY HD would be great.

Lucky said:
Yes, and not only is SNY HD a 24 hour channel, but they do more HD programming than any other RSN. They do their sportsnite show every night in HD. They replay the games in HD, and they do a lot of their weekly shows in HD. SNY HD would be great.

Actually NESN does ALL Red Sox games (home & away), Bruins home games(heard they will do road games this year), Pre and Post games, legends tennis, a weekly local NASCAR show, and all replays.

I would love to have Dish do SNY in HD.

As for NESN, my local cable does NESN HD (I'm in CT - Charter Cable), and the HD quality of the games is exceptional. A true demo quality.

I would like to know where Fox Sports Midwest falls into this picture. It has been frustrating seeing Charter Cable and Direct TV customers getting to see more hockey and baseball that E* subscribers are missing this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)