RSNs still part-time HD?

oldford

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
Eastern Maine
Does Dish still only do game time HD on the RSNs (specificlly NESN). Thats the main reason I left, and now considering a return, but not if I'd get SD RedSox games without warning.

Thanks, Eric

Yes, sadly no pre or post game HD, meaning two timers (one for hd game and one for sd channel for pre and post game) if you choose to record when not at home. I understand the bandwidth issue, but seriously irritating.

I'm in the area. From my understanding, NESN gets the some of best treatment from Dish, meaning that it's always in HD for Live Games for the Sox and the B's. There are areas that get Joined in Progress (JIP) or just SD only (such as the poor souls in the Beltway on MASN)

There may have been one Red Sox game in SD in the last two years. That includes if the Bruins are playing at the same time. And virtually any extra inning game I am aware of no matter how long remains in HD. You don't mess with Red Sox Nation.......

thechaz05 said:
Yes, sadly no pre or post game HD, meaning two timers (one for hd game and one for sd channel for pre and post game) if you choose to record when not at home. I understand the bandwidth issue, but seriously irritating.

Actually I almost always get the tigers pre and post games in HD. Normal home game start time is 7:00pm eastern here but they turn HD on at 6:30 and leave it on well after the game is over in most cases.

Also every tigers game except for one has been in HD this season. The only one that wasn't HD was a rained out game being made up the next day.

I would love full time HD as much as anyone but you shouldn't have any problems getting your HD games in Boston.

Hmm wish ROOT could get that much love to at least get pre and post game action too. That would also help with the problem I have run into about a dozen times where I had a game scheduled to record and it started one minute early so it starts with the dish slide saying to check back and then confusion sets in and it records that slide and never actually brings the game in. I got around that by eliminating the one minute early start, but still if was full time hd would be non issue

My RSN Fox Sports Wisconsin has had all televised games and pre-game broadcasts in HD this season. Kinda stinks with big fox having Saturday night games for a few weeks, the brewers aren't even televised tomorrow. I'm pretty sure last season was all high def too.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Actually I almost always get the tigers pre and post games in HD. Normal home game start time is 7:00pm eastern here but they turn HD on at 6:30 and leave it on well after the game is over in most cases.

Also every tigers game except for one has been in HD this season. The only one that wasn't HD was a rained out game being made up the next day.

I would love full time HD as much as anyone but you shouldn't have any problems getting your HD games in Boston.

I agree, I have been very happy with every baseball game in HD, minus the rain out game Detroit had!

Though I got to see that game in CT because it wasn't in the blackout period! :)

Wow! Dish still doesn't offer full time HD RSNs??? You pay all that money for TV and can't even get your RSN in HD full time? Even cable offers local RSNs full time in HD, as does DirecTV. I guess the Hopper must be mind blowing, because I can't see much reason for Dish otherwise. Just my opinion (I've been a happy,satisfied DirecTV sub for 12 years and truly feel bad for Dish subs who constantly get the shaft)

There are currently no plans for DISH to add full time RSN's to the lineup. I dont expect that to change, if you want 24/7 RSN's you want DIRECTV.

Just my opinion-Its what makes it great to have two companies so folks can make a choice and for many there TV choices are not limited on if RSN's are full time or not

Just my opinion-Its what makes it great to have two companies so folks can make a choice and for many there TV choices are not limited on if RSN's are full time or not

+1 1 provider loves sports tho other hates it :D :)

I must say DISH has done a much better job with HD on my local RSN here on west coast. I've noticed a lot less JIP games this season and I've had only one hiccup where one game couldn't be recorded but most every other game has at least started somewhere in the first inning when it did start. I've also noticed that some of my games are now on the 110 sat so it appears that DISH has added some more bandwidth for local MLB teams. There's also a lot less threads about this this season.

There are currently no plans for DISH to add full time RSN's to the lineup. I dont expect that to change, if you want 24/7 RSN's you want DIRECTV.

So Scott, I guess that all of us (many many many) that want RSN's 24/7 now must want DIRECTV? Interesting marketing strategy for sure. Even though many of us want RSN's 24/7 doesn't mean we are willing to give up the other HD channels Dish offers that "D" does not.

Personally having the game hd is more important than pre sand post game shows.I'd prefer full hd but if not it I'd how I said.

Be thankful you have an rsn.I live in Philly and have no rsn to view on DISH.

So Scott, I guess that all of us (many many many) that want RSN's 24/7 now must want DIRECTV? Interesting marketing strategy for sure. Even though many of us want RSN's 24/7 doesn't mean we are willing to give up the other HD channels Dish offers that "D" does not.

Now? Scott could have said that a year ago. It's a fact, if you must have RSN's 24/7 then you do want Direct TV. I don't see what is so compelling for Dish to vary from what they have been doing, especially now that overall most games are in HD. And I'm not so sure just how many actually want 24HR RSN's if it means losing anything else. You said it, Dish has HD that Direct does not with little the other way around, very possibly linked to not using the bandwidth for very little watched programming on the RSN for much of the day.

I would like to know how many RSNs even have 24/7 Hd coverage? I see no prof that very many even have 24/7 coverage.

I would like to know how many RSNs even have 24/7 Hd coverage? I see no prof that very many even have 24/7 coverage.

Not everything on the RSN's is produced in HD but even the programs produced in 4x3 still look better in HD than in SD ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)