RTL-SDR Low Pass Filter

I have not noticed FM BCB interference in frequencies up to 14 MHz, or even up to about 30 MHz using the dongle. Maybe because I use an upconverter for HF.

With a SDR or any consumer grade scanner front end overload is a major issue. In my case I can go to the 380mhz range and listen to my local FM stations. I can also hear NOAA across the whole spectrum. Here is the easy fix, look at par electronics. Dale custom builds filters to your needs. I have a weather tower 2 miles from me and quite a few high power FM broadcast stations broadcasting on a mountain less than ten miles from me. I suffered intermod something fierce. Dale hooked me up with a NOAA and a FM trap and now no intermod and can hear conventional channels 60 miles from here with mountians in between. Great products at a great price, and no I do not work for him or gain anything from this post.

Par Electronics is not very far from here, about a 45 minute drive.

Good information. I start seeing an occasional FM broadcast station starting about 30 MHz. I wonder if an FM trap like they used to sell at Radio Shack would work. A friend of mine bought one and said it worked well. Time to stop by the 'Shack and see. Thanks to the tip Comptech.

Agreed, a wide-band filter off the shelf, we not give you the performance of one tailored to the part of the spectrum, YOU need blocked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts