RTN & AMC 9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ive been trying to get rtn since 7 this morning and have had no luck :mad:.
I can only get 1 tp 12140V 30000, I peaked it at 98s and 86q but I get nothing else from the satellite. A few other of huges tps flash 90s every few seconds but wont come in no matter how I adjust the dish. I dont know what im doing wrong, maybe its my reciever? Its an old rex-1.

wonder if you truly arent on AMC9

12140 seems to be common transponder. I assume the reciever doesnt have blind scan?

if you dont have blind scan, log this transponder in to make sure you're on right satellite

H

its a test card but its usually up most of the time. Its up right now

87W has the same data transponders

I keep hitting the dang bird every time I'd go for 83W

Dang birds are close together on that part of the sky for me on a AZ/EL mount

Ive been trying to get rtn since 7 this morning and have had no luck :mad:.
I can only get 1 tp 12140V 30000, I peaked it at 98s and 86q but I get nothing else from the satellite. A few other of huges tps flash 90s every few seconds but wont come in no matter how I adjust the dish. I dont know what im doing wrong, maybe its my reciever? Its an old rex-1.
That's odd.
Are you sure you are switching polarities when you try for RTN?
12140/V sr30000 is definately an 83W TP. I have it at 87-88Q which is just under the 11735/H sr4444 TP signal Q reading for RTN on the BUD. The bud is tight enough on the beam that 2 "clicks" either way and it drops out. ( It is 8 clicks to 85W, probably about the same to 81W, I dont have it programmed in)
I'd say you have polarity issues. Can you go physically spin the LNB 90º and give it a try? Something may be wrong with your LNB, or the STB may not be raising the voltage high enough to switch to horizontal mode. Check your config. for that satellite. Maybe the 13/18 volt selection is disabled somehow.

It doesnt have a blind can. I added 11775H4232, no signal.

Im probably hitting 87W. I'll half to try a little harder to get 83W my pole is literally a tree adjusting azm isnt always easy.

That's odd.
Are you sure you are switching polarities when you try for RTN?
12140/V sr30000 is definately an 83W TP. I have it at 87-88Q which is just under the 11735/H sr4444 TP signal Q reading for RTN on the BUD. The bud is tight enough on the beam that 2 "clicks" either way and it drops out. ( It is 8 clicks to 85W, probably about the same to 81W, I dont have it programmed in)
I'd say you have polarity issues. Can you go physically spin the LNB 90º and give it a try? Something may be wrong with your LNB, or the STB may not be raising the voltage high enough to switch to horizontal mode. Check your config. for that satellite. Maybe the 13/18 volt selection is disabled somehow.

Ive made sure that the lbn voltage was on, ive tried going straight to the h input on the lbn but still nothing. I havent truned the lbn 90ºbut ill give it a try. There was nothing wrong yesterday when it was pointed at 123W, so I dont think its the lbn.

Im not getting 11736V. I looked at lynsat and logged 12146V from 85w but with SR 30000. It has 76-79Q.

What is another active tp on 85W?

Did you use horizontal on any 123W TPs? As I recall all the "mainstream" stuff was vertical, at least the two main Equitys and the one for KTWO are (were) vertical.
I dont hit that 12140/V SR30000 combo again until 91W and nada for it down to 61W the other way.

Nothing from 12182H :(.
Ive been frustrated by this all day. Would would you recommend using the rtn tp for pointing the dish? As I am having bad luck using the data tp's.

If I dont get something soon ill be moving it to 101W.

Did you use horizontal on any 123W TPs? As I recall all the "mainstream" stuff was vertical, at least the two main Equitys and the one for KTWO are (were) vertical.
I dont hit that 12140/V SR30000 combo again until 91W and nada for it down to 61W the other way.

UWTV and The Research Ch. had the strongest signal on 123W I believe they where on Horizontal.

Hmm maybe im on 91W.

Iceberg said:
what kind of LNB is it?

I think its just a standard lbn its a primestar dish. The lbn is round has separate H/V, I have the 1.2m dish if that helps.

if you have the stock LNB for the Primestar dish I assume you have a multiswitch to combine the V & H polarities together. One output is V only and one is H only

OK so you know you're on 91

What I would do is check thelist for the satellites at 89, 87, 85, 83. Log those transponders in and move slowly east to each satellite :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts