RTN down?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, was going to watch Get Smart and Hogan's Hereos....all my RTN/Equity stations went dark. THey were there, I dozed off for 5 minutes and now gone :( The other stations are still on G10. I hope this is not the end!

RTN goes down all the time. When our receivers can't get a quality lock and there's still signal there then I would start worrying. To see what I mean If you have a c band system go over to G-26 and try to lock the DVB-S2 with an Mpeg 2 box. No dice :(

I wouldn't be too concerned with G-10 ku changing over till the satellite is replaced. Since DVB-S2 will require more signal to operate well. Im sure Equity has taken that into consideration.

That's a lovely question, Jim. I'm hoping someone has the answer. If all are uplinked from LIttle Rock, then they probably get there by microwave, I'm guessing. I wish I could get involved in that technology, without actually getting a job, and leaving home. :)

Brent

The stations are uplinked from Little Rock. Most of the Equity stations have no "local" office.

They are uplinked and sent to the transmitter site in X city and then sent out via the OTA

So as an example, it goes from Little Rock to Marquette (WMQF) transmitter site which gets remodulated and then sent out on OTA.

They use a master control to control most of the stations. Thats why sometimes you'll see Little Rock commercials on another Equity station (like KTVC Oregon)

I'm just guessing but it may look like this (stole image from the ARCS site....hence the old satellite name)

Attachments

• troubleshooting.gif
    troubleshooting.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Thank you , much, Ice. Having " no local office" removes the part of the equation I was most curious about. Always wondered how they collected all the info in one place to be uplinked from separate and diverse locations.

:)

Brent

Brent
I've seen here locally in Minneapolis a few of the low powered stations use to have a Dish box set up

Before WUMN was Univision, it was MTV2 and when it would pour out, you'd see the old green and grey "searching for signal" on the screen :)

Thank you , much, Ice. Having " no local office" removes the part of the equation I was most curious about. Always wondered how they collected all the info in one place to be uplinked from separate and diverse locations.

:)

Brent

from the equity website
Equity Media's proprietary Centralized Automated Satellite Hub ("C.A.S.H.") system and Retro Television Network ("RTN") provide centralized content distribution services, which Equity Media believes are unique within the media industry.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts