RTN Gone on AMC9?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well if your getting it with the signal your getting it's running way down on power. That tells me that the uplink amplifier must have fried and there running on some makeshift setup. My 90 don't see a peep on my Pansat 2700A, 11735 4040 peaked to the max on AMC 9. NBC is showing me 99 Quality.

EDIT: Showing a blip up to 10Q every so often so something is there on RTN W.

I wonder if we need a polarity tweak to our dishes now???? If they are doing something different, maybe the skew has changed slightly....

Well if your getting it with the signal your getting it's running way down on power. That tells me that the uplink amplifier must have fried and there running on some makeshift setup. My 90 don't see a peep on my Pansat 2700A, 11735 4040 peaked to the max on AMC 9. NBC is showing me 99 Quality.

Thanks
Still no east feed it shows a Sq of 67% with no video

NBC always pegs @ 99% on my setup

I wonder if we need a polarity tweak to our dishes now???? If they are doing something different, maybe the skew has changed slightly....

No I doubt it. There is probably a bandaid fix and there running at very low power trying to get back up for there affiliates. When they resolve the issue properly things should be alright again. They were never that strong to start with.

The reports coming in that something is there and Im seeing a blip of 10 every so often means that they haven't abandoned ship they just have problems. Im sure things will be fixed eventually. We can only have patience.

True, True True.....I just peaked my feedhorn and I see the signal now, 63-64 sq..but it won't lockup and show the programming but the signal is there...woohoo....they will get this fixed gang, have no fear. I wish I could have done this for Adam-12 tonight....btw, I'm using an 8 foot fiberglass dish....

edit...it drops out to 10 sq every so often

True, True True.....I just peaked my feedhorn and I see the signal now, 63-64 sq..but it won't lockup and show the programming but the signal is there...woohoo....they will get this fixed gang, have no fear. I wish I could have done this for Adam-12 tonight....btw, I'm using an 8 foot fiberglass dish....

edit...it drops out to 10 sq every so often

What LNB's you guys using on your Fiberglass dishes? I still don't have RTV, on my 1.2 dish. But I have two 10 foot fiberglass dishes we use to pick up alternate programming off of C-band. I've asked my engineer in the past if we ever could use those to pick up RTV and he said they wouldn't work.

What LNB's you guys using on your Fiberglass dishes? I still don't have RTV, on my 1.2 dish. But I have two 10 foot fiberglass dishes we use to pick up alternate programming off of C-band. I've asked my engineer in the past if we ever could use those to pick up RTV and he said they wouldn't work.

mine's an 8 ft miralite with a c/ku lnbf, a universal I think, I don't remember...works great! Even better now that the birds are high power...tonight is the night to peak your dish, if you can see this signal, your right on the money, it is very low power right now, I've never seen higher than a 64 sq all night. My lnb type on my Cs5k says lnb type- "universal" so maybe it is...

Changing the polarity on the dish should not make a difference unless your polarity was off to start with. Polarity H or V just don't change on the downlink antenna on the satellite by itself. So I suggest to most at this point to leave it alone if you had RTV peaked before hand or if you must mess with it to mark the exact spot you have it so you can put it back if need be.

I can walk up to my 90cm, setup and play with the polarity in about 5 minutes so if for some freaky reason with RTV I do need to mess with it it's a piece of cake.

Attachments

• 90CM.jpg
    90CM.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 131

If the dishes are prime focus and have ku compatible mesh in them you would need a prime focus ku LNB otherwise the dish will be underilluminated.

What does RTV say about getting signal back to normal for you guys?

RTN still up watching it takes a thief sq still @ 67%.

I'm a bit confused by the posts here. Ie the 11735 signal was completely gone, not just weak. Then I read posts like this saying that it's still up?? So I go back this morning, and it is COMPLETELY GONE. Definately not just weak.
So either the signal is coming up, then going down, etc, etc, or else it has changed frequency, and some people with loose tuners are picking up a signal at another freq, such as 11727 or 11723, although those 2 signals look too narrow to be it.

Anyway, I'm confused. I guess another possibility is that they switched sats. I did see an 11735 signal on one of the nearby sats, perhaps AMC3.

If the dishes are prime focus and have ku compatible mesh in them you would need a prime focus ku LNB otherwise the dish will be underilluminated.

What does RTV say about getting signal back to normal for you guys?

I believe they are prime focus as they are being used right now for c-band. But if they have ku compatible mesh, i have no idea about that. I just know they are big bulky heavy duty fiberglass.

RTV hasn't informed us yet about anything. But i'm sure they are working hard at it.

As an affiliate with RTV, FamilyNet, MyFamilyTV, etc... as well as others I usually do to not hear anything from them when a problem occurs untill things are back to normal. This is because they are working hard in gettting it back on the air and the numerous phone calls and emails will only delay the engineers in performing their duty's.

I go through the same thing on a local level when my wireless link goes out, problems with transmitter, or whatever the situation maybe. I am to not be disturbed until it's Fixed.

I believe they are prime focus as they are being used right now for c-band. But if they have ku compatible mesh, i have no idea about that. I just know they are big bulky heavy duty fiberglass.

RTV hasn't informed us yet about anything. But i'm sure they are working hard at it.

As an affiliate with RTV, FamilyNet, MyFamilyTV, etc... as well as others I usually do to not hear anything from them when a problem occurs untill things are back to normal. This is because they are working hard in gettting it back on the air and the numerous phone calls and emails will only delay the engineers in performing their duty's.

I go through the same thing on a local level when my wireless link goes out, problems with transmitter, or whatever the situation maybe. I am to not be disturbed until it's Fixed.

The size of the holes in the mesh used will determine if they will work well on ku. Also if the fiberglass is warped they will not play well. With Ku you want the best reflector accuracy and the smallest mesh spacing between holes. On a glass dish that is hard to tell unless you cracked it and looked at it. I suggest looking at the original paperwork and see what if any ku specs it has.

As far as RTV they should give a bit of feedback be a recorded message etc with updates. The affiliate needs to know.

I'm a bit confused by the posts here. Ie the 11735 signal was completely gone, not just weak. Then I read posts like this saying that it's still up?? So I go back this morning, and it is COMPLETELY GONE. Definately not just weak.
So either the signal is coming up, then going down, etc, etc, or else it has changed frequency, and some people with loose tuners are picking up a signal at another freq, such as 11727 or 11723, although those 2 signals look too narrow to be it.

Anyway, I'm confused. I guess another possibility is that they switched sats. I did see an 11735 signal on one of the nearby sats, perhaps AMC3.

I think that 11735 on AMC 3 is the old Leo 1 (Video 1) that played havoc with RTV on AMC 9.

The size of the holes in the mesh used will determine if they will work well on ku. Also if the fiberglass is warped they will not play well. With Ku you want the best reflector accuracy and the smallest mesh spacing between holes. On a glass dish that is hard to tell unless you cracked it and looked at it. I suggest looking at the original paperwork and see what if any ku specs it has.

As far as RTV they should give a bit of feedback be a recorded message etc with updates. The affiliate needs to know.

The dish's we have are the old BUD Solid Fiberglass dishes. They aren't warped, and as far as mesh spacing. there is no spacing as it is heavy duty commercial fiberglass and you can't see through it. As far as the paperwork goes we don't have any. I'm not sure how old they are, or their specs we've had them for about 10 years but acquired them from a previous owner. We have always used them for C-Band, but if I can get RTV on them better than my 1.2 then i'll try it out.

We've called our contact affiliate numbers for RTN, which went straight to an answering machine and left a message yesterday, but no call back yet. Of course we are probably one of the smallest affiliates, hence we are low powered tv. So other High Powered affiliates might know what's going on before we do because they serve a larger demographic.

I might be the last on the list to know anything.

I have a fiberglass 8' Channel Master BUD and it has stainless steel window screen embedded below the surface. Window screen is the most common, maybe the only type of material used in fiberglass dishes because it's easy to form onto wet resin but I can imagine they have various sizes to choose from.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)