RTN Gone on AMC9?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
RTV

Yep thanks to whatever force was at work here.
Now, if we could just get the WhiteSprings Channel back up!

I too noticed it was down.

Was hoping for the best.

AND IT HAPPENED! EXCELLENT!

Welcome back RTV!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Before you ever mess with the dish do two things especially with Ku.

1) look at the radar at the uplink, if there are storms wait them out.

2) Check Satellite Guys and look for an issue. (post question if necessary)

Most of the time between those 2 things you'll get an answer. :)

1a) Chattanooga
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=htx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

3) Check status of 11775. If it's normal, (color bar test pattern usually) your equipment is probably OK.

Last edited:
Dang glad to have RTV back...Didn't know how much i loved that channel til it was gone. Signal is a bit stronger here...55 to 59% on a pansat 2500 with a 33 inch pan.

I'm getting a much stronger signal in northwest Iowa than previously. 87 on the Coolsat 5000. Before it struggled to get 67-69.

This is just for the sake of discussion....

I am running two receivers here just a bit NW of Omaha, NE. An AZBox Premium and a Coolsat 5000. The Coolsat is running off the IF LOOP OUT from the AZBox. I have a 1.2 M GeoSatPro antenna, with a DG-380 motor and an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF.

Being such a fine day today, 66 degrees (F), clear as a bell and no wind, I decided to see if I could peak my signal better on RTV.

I am using a Super Buddy meter from Applied Instruments with a newly updated field guide software (version 1.71). This however, does not have the RTV TP 11.735 included, so I had to use TP 12.160 H SR 29.999.

When I connected the Super Buddy to my unused linear LNBF port, I detected 85% SQ from TP 12.160.

I first tested the azimuth accuracy. I was very close, within a few tenths of a degree. I moved it just a squeak and gained 1% on signal quality.

I then tested the dish elevation and found that I could certainly improve the signal quality by lowering the elevation. It jumped up to 90-91% on my Super Buddy's IRD scale. I locked the dish elevation in at the center of the peak here.

I then experimented with the LNBF for focal distance and polarity. This did not provide any substantial gains in quality, I could only reduce it. So I ended up setting it back to its original position.

I returned to the AZBox and the Coolsat meters on RTV's TP 11.735 GHz and 4.444 MS/s SR and I detect 46-48% and 70-72% signal quality on both STB's respectively. I originally had 38-40% (AZBox) and 66-68% (Coolsat).

This seems to be the maximum signal quality that I can obtain with this equipment at my location NW of Omaha, NE for RTV.

I have previously used the Winegard DS-2076 (76 cm) dish and the same equipment mentioned above and found that there is not a great deal of difference on this particular signal when compared to my 1.2 M dish. I would like to set up one of each and test them simultaneously with identical other equipment (a mirror setup with only the dish being different) in the future to judge how well each dish handles rain fade.

Thought you might be interested in this information, just for comparison purposes.

RADAR

Glad everyone has it back. I guess I've got to put up a dish dedicated to 83 as I can't get over 42% and it just isn't enough for it to come in. The color bars come in fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts