Rude Installer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

piercy67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I got an hd upgrade today and the installer was very rude. Is there anything I can do for his rudeness? He kept trying to give me reasons why upgrade wasn't suitable for me. He finally did do upgrade. It irriates me because he is getting paid for it and he keeps complaining.

I got an hd upgrade today and the installer was very rude. Is there anything I can do for his rudeness? He kept trying to give me reasons why upgrade wasn't suitable for me. He finally did do upgrade. It irriates me because he is getting paid for it and he keeps complaining.

You can't do anything for his rudeness. It was caused by everything in his life before he met you.

Can't comment on your installation because you have given no details.

Next case!

Joe

Haha, no doubt. Were you one of the countless people that want a HD upgade and don't even have an HDTV?? I hate doing those because I've had several HD receivers that have bad HDMI ports. If it within 60 days of install, then I have to drag my butt back out there for no pay to replace it or to show you how to hook it up to your new TV.

Haha, no doubt. Were you one of the countless people that want a HD upgade and don't even have an HDTV?? I hate doing those because I've had several HD receivers that have bad HDMI ports. If it within 60 days of install, then I have to drag my butt back out there for no pay to replace it or to show you how to hook it up to your new TV.
You sound like the installer the OP is talking about. :rolleyes:

Writing a letter is always the best form of complaint. If you call, it's almost certain that the person you speak with will be sympathetic towards you, but turn around and do nothing. A letter will give the best chance of a talking to. Or, you could just say "life is too short" and "don't sweat the small stuff". That's what I would do.

Is it so hard to believe that DTV techs know more about something, DTV, than you?

It a customer doesnt have a tv or HD tv for an HD install or upgrade a tech is not required to do it.

Is it so hard to believe that DTV techs know more about something, DTV, than you?
I've been astounded how little some techs know. I had a Dish tech tell me my OTA would not work after Feb whatever.

whats the big deal its your job you are getting paid to do it so keep your mouth shut and do it
+1 :up

Customer service is a lost art.
I may think to myself how stupid someone is or curse them in my head but when I have finished my job with a customer 99% of the time they are singing my praises.
If someone hires me to deliver milk to lactose intolerant customers, who am I to disagree.
Getting paid puts a smile on my face; I wish it did for more people. ;)

Required to or not, my HSP tells me to put it in anyway with whatever connection I can use. Its all about completion rate to them. And BTW I am not rude to my customers, I do what I can for them and get it done. My HSP is one of the highest paid around, I average 1200-1300 per week and very seldom work more than 30 hours. I also don't travel more than 45min in any direction from my house, and I'm home by 5pm every night. I go on 2 vacations a year, so I have no reason to be rude or complain. I'm just sayin that it could be any number of reasons why the guy was rude, he may not have even thought he was being rude. Not sticking up for him, but some people need to let the small stuff go. Did he do what he was supposed to, and everything to your liking? Be grateful that he didn't do a crap job on your house, like some do, and move on.

Last edited:
Me I would have taken a $20 bill out of my wallet in front of him then said "nah, don't think so.. you were a jerk, get out of my house, NOW". Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Jeff

I've had several HD receivers that have bad HDMI ports. If it within 60 days of install, then I have to drag my butt back out there for no pay to replace it or to show you how to hook it up to your new TV.

whats the big deal its your job you are getting paid to do it so keep your mouth shut and do it

Why set yourself up to come back for no pay and fix it? I'm not going to comment on the installers reported rudeness, because we don't have both sides of the story. Come to think of it, we don't even have enough information to determine if the OP had a HDTV set.

If the OP's HDMI port was died within that time, wouldnt a CSR have to come out anyway?

I've had them not work from the box. If they have an HDTV I would know when I put it in and could swap it with a good one. No HDMI port on tv, Can't even check it.

If the OP's HDMI port was died within that time, wouldnt a CSR have to come out anyway?

CSR = Call Center Representative. They don't go out anywhere. They make others go out for all kinds of reasons, some valid and some silly.

Some HSPs try to hit tech for $100.00 if the customer calls DTV "for any reason" for some arbitrary period after the installation. This passes as an example of professional management.

Joe

Me I would have taken a $20 bill out of my wallet in front of him then said "nah, don't think so.. you were a jerk, get out of my house, NOW". Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Jeff

keeping on the subject of Rudeness

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts