Rumor: 14 New HD Channels in March!

dash2004

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
I just talked to a CSR regarding whether I can get on with the 2 free months of premium channels promotion. The answer is no. The deal is for new customers only.

However, when I inquried about the upcoming channel expansion, she told me that there will be 14 more HD channels, but she does not know what are those channels yet. She also said she should get the list pretty soon. This is the first time I have heard a definite HD channel number.

Good news? :cool:

What have we learned here at SatelliteGuys.

Never trust anything you are told by a CSR. They are normally the last folks to learn anything.

dash2004 said:
I just talked to a CSR regarding whether I can get on with the 2 free months of premium channels promotion. The answer is no. The deal is for new customers only.

However, when I inquried about the upcoming channel expansion, she told me that there will be 14 more HD channels, but she does not know what are those channels yet. She also said she should get the list pretty soon. This is the first time I have heard a definite HD channel number.

Good news? :cool:
What good new's is this?. No room on 61.5 for 2 more channles let alone 14, maybe mpeg4 is the answer but there are no new channels that anyone can add without upconverting the analog signal.? as of today>>>>. " Voom" may add a few but 14 no way, " let's keep Vooming " live with what we have and be happy. D or E don't care why should "VooM", we have the best "HD" service let's keep it"

I am just passing the information I received from the CSR. It is true that the CSR's are not the most knowledgeable persons, but they do work for Voom and may have some inside information that we do not have. I am just wishing for more HD channels.

New channels they COULD add: INHD1,INHD2, HDNET, HDNET MOVIES, ABC-HD,NBC-HD, CBS-HD, PBS-HD, WEALTH, FOX-HD. Hmmm, that's 10. Any more??

Also ESPN-HD2 (That's 11)

The news is unlikely to be true, but thanks for the spirit and method in which you shared it. Not sure where they get their numbers and information. Probably math based on old announcements that would be coming true soon if nothing interfered.

JL

dash2004 said:

Can you please refer me to this offer for new customers for premium channels. I signed up for VOOM last month and nobody told me of this offer?

ThaNKS

Legibus said:
Can you please refer me to this offer for new customers for premium channels. I signed up for VOOM last month and nobody told me of this offer? ThaNKS
www.voom.com. The offer was not available when you signed up, that's why nobody told you ;) .

Legibus said:
dash2004 said:

Can you please refer me to this offer for new customers for premium channels. I signed up for VOOM last month and nobody told me of this offer?

ThaNKS
It's the same "new customer" offer they are promoting until March 1st...just appended 2 free months of premium programming and the S&V subscription to sweeten the deal. They appear to be making a 'push' to add a bunch of new subscribers prior to taking a deep breath and coming out with their (hopefully) HD DVR offer in March/April. One thing is for certain, there will be another another new customer offer and a HD DVR offer for current subscribers in the very near future. Stay tuned...

If you have already been installed, then you're pretty much out-of-luck. However, it doesn't hurt to ask VOOM for a credit since the terms of the offer appear to have been backdated to 17 Nov 2003. At least you can argue the point.

Yes, I am not even installed yet (after 4 Voom reschedules) and was also told I can not get the upgraded offer unless I pay $400 in install fees. Had I already been installed I would not have even asked but IMHO I am not actually yet a VOOM customer and the delays have been on their part. Not giving up yet, will se what happens next.

Amphicar770 said:
Yes, I am not even installed yet (after 4 Voom reschedules) and was also told I can not get the upgraded offer unless I pay $400 in install fees. Had I already been installed I would not have even asked but IMHO I am not actually yet a VOOM customer and the delays have been on their part. Not giving up yet, will se what happens next.

Boy you have had a lot of trouble with your install, I think you're install was in middle January, like the 19th or so?. you're missing a very good service, Universal HD is really nice, good luck on your install when is it scheduled for now, ?.

Amphicar770 said:
WOW, hope my install goes better than that. I am up for install in two weeks. GOOD LUCK AMPHICAR!!!!

Tvlman said:
New channels they COULD add: INHD1,INHD2, HDNET, HDNET MOVIES, ABC-HD,NBC-HD, CBS-HD, PBS-HD, WEALTH, FOX-HD. Hmmm, that's 10. Any more??

Well sure, they could create some more of their own HD channels - unlikely in my opinion, but not impossible.

@party
Tvlman said:

At this point in time I would hate to see Voom take up the space with Network feeds that most of us won't qualify for.

I could also live without Wealth, what a waste IMHO. :rolleyes: There are more than enough shows about how rich people spend their money without having a network devoted to it. But hey, there's also a Reality network for people who need to obsess about something! ;) I better watch out or they'll add Wealth and I'll become addicted to it. :p

ESPN2-HD, HDNet, and HDNet movies would appeal to a large number of subs. (So would INHD1&2, but it sounds like the chances for this are slim to none.)

Maybe Voom will include a couple Superstations that broadcast a fair amount of HD content. Possibly a UPN and WB since these have limited availability in many markets.

Could there be an existing channel that is ready to launch their HD and Voom will be the first to carry it? Like Sundance, IFC, TCM, AMC? Probably just wishful thinking.

I've got it! TVLand-HD. So all those people who bought the 4:3 HD sets can have HD without letterbox! @party

How about just 2 more, Ultra Bikini and Ultra Lingerie? Speaking of which, Ultra should broadcast the Victoria Secret fashion show.

I asked a Voom CSR today what the status is on the new channel additions for March. She stated Voom was adding 70 new HD channels in March and 150 more by June. So I asked if these were going up on Rainbow 1 or AMC 6. She stated neither, Voom is launching a new satellite on March 1st. Now I have heard just about everything and all bases are covered. Just another Voomer Rumor to kick around. :rolleyes:

Indy said:
I asked a Voom CSR today what the status is on the new channel additions for March. She stated Voom was adding 70 new HD channels in March and 150 more by June. So I asked if these were going up on Rainbow 1 or AMC 6. She stated neither, Voom is launching a new satellite on March 1st. Now I have heard just about everything and all bases are covered. Just another Voomer Rumor to kick around. :rolleyes:

Wow! And I'm launching a bottle rocket or two on July 4. This ought to get me the East and West Coast feeds of every major network, for a microsecond or two anyway. :eek:

And with 70 new HD channels in March and 150 more in June, we can have the Groundhog day channel everyday. Don't forget the Blues Brother channel, the Airplane! channel, and the Towering Inferno channel. Not sure what else they could show except these new Voom exclusives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)