Rumor Alert: SuperDish Coming Soon to Many

Scott Greczkowski said:
You trade them cash and they will trade you a new receiver. :D

There is an upgrade program that will allow you to swap up to 2 receivers for 301s for $49.99. Of course, if you do enough complaing, you may get a $50 credit for the trouble............

Sorry Iceberg, I just noticed that this thread went 7 pages. I suppose I need to look at all of the pages to see if you already answered that.

Geronimo said:
What type of tradeup deals are out there now for folks in Superdish markets that have non compatible receivers-----7x00s for instance?
A friend with an old 4000 receiver and upgraded to SuperDish. The installer swapped the 4000 with a 301 for free. It may be luck of the draw.

Any chance this may prompt Dish to release SuperDish software support for us Dishplayer users? I'd really like to have the newer SD support as I really enjoy my Dishplayers features and none of the newer ones interest me.

It's not "Dish Network programming". The programming is provided by the content providers, NBC, CBS, Time Warner, Viacom, etc. THEY sell the advertising space in their programs to the sponsors, one of which is Voom.

The content providers also make a limited amount of space available to the dbs and cable companies. In that space, you will normally see ads for Dish stuff - PPV, premium networks, upgrades, etc. You will also see a ton of Cortislim and Enzyte ads.

Thin waists and thick woodies are the order of the day at Di's advertising dept.

We've been told to swap out non-compatable rcvrs with 301's.

I'm thinking for a 7X00 you might be able to argue a swapout to a 501 or a 508, since their prices have dropped. If you get a sympathetic CSR who'll mail you one. Doubt any install companies have them in stock.

This brings up a point. What receiers are incompatible? I am sure it is lited but I did not find it.

I found the answer

From the October Tech Forum summary:
"- Incompatible models: 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, JVC D-VHS,
original DISHPlayer (7100/7200). Will have to find a way to upgrade
these models, watch future Charlie Chats. They can coexist in a
SuperDISH system but won't get the 105 or 121 programming."

bcshields said:
We've been told to swap out non-compatable rcvrs with 301's.

I'm thinking for a 7X00 you might be able to argue a swapout to a 501 or a 508, since their prices have dropped. If you get a sympathetic CSR who'll mail you one. Doubt any install companies have them in stock.
In fact, that's how I ended up with a 501 - my 7x00 crapped out and they didn't have any replacements available, so I screamed until they sent me the 501. This was before the reease of the 508.

I've been bleeding dish testing blood ever since the beginning. :/

The fact that older model receivers are not compatible with Superdish makes it more unlikely that Dish is not going to move the wing locals to 105 or 121 because not only will they have to install new Superdishes but they also will have to swap out the old receivers.

rocatman said:
The fact that older model receivers are not compatible with Superdish makes it more unlikely that Dish is not going to move the wing locals to 105 or 121 because not only will they have to install new Superdishes but they also will have to swap out the old receivers.

Yeah,

They will just move all local markets that have part of their channels at 110 or 119 all to the wing satellite and install the wing satellite dish. If the customer doesn't already have one, they'll just install the wing satellite dish.

Dish has a lot of refurbished legacy twins, and sw21's are ultra cheap. These will work for any receiver.

This would also clear out a lot of 110 and 119 for HD programming.

Mike500 said:
Yeah,

They will just move all local markets that have part of their channels at 110 or 119 all to the wing satellite and install the wing satellite dish. If the customer doesn't already have one, they'll just install the wing satellite dish.

Dish has a lot of refurbished legacy twins, and sw21's are ultra cheap. These will work for any receiver.

This would also clear out a lot of 110 and 119 for HD programming.

There are two problems with what you suggest. There is not enough room on the wings to move the channels from the local markets that are split between a D500 location and a wing location. The second problem is that most of these channels are on spotbeams at 110 or 119. It may be possible to convert spotbeam TPs to CONUS but this would impact other local markets that share these spotbeam TPs. Dish could also lose a great many customers who don't want to add or don't have a line a sight for a wing satellite dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts