Rumor Alert!

Not really, considering ID is already carried in SD, it wouldnt go Platinum, even if it existed after August 1. It would go into whatever package ID is already on.

My bad. I had no idea it already existed on E* in SD. I do know about Platinum pricing changing to essentially free on August 1st. However, I don't believe that it was necessarily going away as a package. I look forward to getting it again. I've missed HDNet Movies (Fashion, MGM and Mav to much lesser extents) these past couple of months. :hungry:

My bad. I had no idea it already existed on E* in SD. I do know about Platinum pricing changing to essentially free on August 1st. However, I don't believe that it was necessarily going away as a package. I look forward to getting it again. I've missed HDNet Movies (Fashion, MGM and Mav to much lesser extents) these past couple of months. :hungry:

I dont blame you for not knowing. I dont think I've ever watched the channel.

I would have thought that BBC America HD would have had the sense to get it in their contract that they had to be on Dish today, since all their advertising is geared toward this week's sci-fi premieres!

Just called Dish and there is no date that they are going to flip the switch on this channel.

So much for Torchwood-HD:rant:
CSRs never know about new channels until after the press release goes out, which is usually after the channel is available and we would already know about it here by then. So there still could be hope.

That said, I am not holding my breath.

Smart money says Investigation Discovery will be on the platinum tier.

I bet Absolute and Turbo Bronze subscribers will get QVC HD!
I'm betting QVC HD will be available to anyone with HD equipment even if they don't subscribe to HD.

Look at it this way. At least there's hope here of getting the HD channel soon, has there been much action out of any other providers?

What does it matter if people can't see the broadcasts as they air? It already looks like only the first showing of Children of Earth will not be butchered for time, so that boat is now sailing.

And it doesn't look like anybody is going to have the channel this week, as I don't think a single major service provider made the channel available today.

I am wondering though why Dish Network or DirecTV haven't taken the iniative to add religious HD programming.
Is The Message any clearer in HD?

As the DBS providers have typically been on the receiving end of the dollars in the religious programming deals, I'm not sure the providers are willing to step up for several times the bandwidth cost to carry the HD versions.

Look for the religious channels to move towards the IP-based broadcasts as was the case with Sky Angel.

I guess I've got a technical question at this point: BBC America announced the HD channel around June 1st. That's all of 7 weeks since they publicly announced the channel.

Would they have been working on carriage agreements prior to the public announcement, or only since then? Or does it depend on the company/channel?

I guess I've got a technical question at this point: BBC America announced the HD channel around June 1st. That's all of 7 weeks since they publicly announced the channel.

Would they have been working on carriage agreements prior to the public announcement, or only since then? Or does it depend on the company/channel?

That's more of a legal/business affairs question than a technical question, actually. It does depend on the parent company, but usually the start of the carriage agreements contractual back and forth is in process months ahead.

BBC America has a statement up as of today regarding the missed launch date:

That statement is a bunch of typical corporate BS. They "apologize" for "confusion"... yeah, the confusion being you've been using the HD logo for your channel all weekend and a random handful of people are actually seeing the channel in HD. :rant:

BBCA-HD was originally announced for launch the 4th quarter of 2008. so in reality, they've had more than 8 months to get contracts signed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)