Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys has heard a rumor that DIRECTV will soon be carrying the PAC 12 Network and that we could see it uplinked next week around the 25th.

There is no word however when the channel will be made available to customers.

SatelliteGuys is proud to be your DIRECTV Information source.

I'm going to guess they put it on channel 612? But where do the regionals go, 612-1 thru 612-6? Or do they put them next to the other RSN's in those regions?

Finally. We west coast, life long Pac 12 fans can watch our football. Missed it since coming back to Directv.

S~

Reactions: nvsundevil
Thank you, Scott, having posted this thread! It makes sense for AT&T to merge the lineups of U-verse and DirecTV. It may take some time. But, there wouldn’t be sense to having channels available from one but not both providers. Pac-12 Network, currently available on AT&T U-verse but not on DirecTV, is a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Looks like I better get my annual "I am disappointed in the lack of Pac12 in your Sports Pack" phone call in to get a discount on that package...

Thank you, Scott, having posted this thread! It makes sense for AT&T to merge the lineups of U-verse and DirecTV. It may take some time. But, there wouldn’t be sense to having channels available from one but not both providers. Pac-12 Network, currently available on AT&T U-verse but not on DirecTV, is a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you will see this happening over time.

Actually D* had a ton of Pac football on for many years now.
Every Saturday you could flip thru the 600's and watch most game.
True, but many of the games have moved off of the regionals and onto the PAC12 Net.

S~

Hey, it works and I have called every year since the P12 Network was a thing and gotten $10/month for a year! I have never begged or said anything mean, loud, rude, etc. just that TWC Cable had it in their Sports Pack and Directv doesn't. Now the competition is Comcast but they have it in their Sports Pack, too. Military History is another perk of the Comcast Sports Pack that I might mention. Why is Military History in the Sports Pack - and ONLY in the Sports Pack - on Comcast? No one seems to know.

Hey, it works and I have called every year since the P12 Network was a thing and gotten $10/month for a year! I have never begged or said anything mean, loud, rude, etc. just that TWC Cable had it in their Sports Pack and Directv doesn't. Now the competition is Comcast but they have it in their Sports Pack, too. Military History is another perk of the Comcast Sports Pack (for real, I can't believe it but it is true!) that I might through in there, too.

I know it does.

Funny thing is that when a channel goes down I get customers who call and complain specifically for a discount.

I remember one male customer calling to complain about lifetime being down on Dish and wanted a discount

I was like, so tell me what are your favorite shows on lifetime...

Customer: uh, hmm, I don't know.

Me: you know the channel is back on dish. Have a nice day can't give you credit for something that is not down.

Yes, they have now because of the Pac12 Network, but before the network was established, they were rather easy to find as well.
Not sure what before has to do with not being able to watch many games on D* since the PAC12 was established. That was 3 years ago. When I moved back to D* last year I wasn't able to watch many of my PAC12 games that I could when I had Comcast for the previous two years. And yes when I originally had D* I could watch them in the 600s on the regionals. I am looking forward to D* finally adding PAC12 so I can watch those games.

Not sure what before has to do with not being able to watch many games on D* since the PAC12 was established. That was 3 years ago. When I moved back to D* last year I wasn't able to watch many of my PAC12 games that I could when I had Comcast for the previous two years. And yes when I originally had D* I could watch them in the 600s on the regionals. I am looking forward to D* finally adding PAC12 so I can watch those games.
Thats because they don't have a contract as of yet, of course you knew that.

When did the Pac 12 start ?
Those games were available in the 600's up till the time that the Pac 12 became, then I'm sure they were removed because of a contract issue at that point.

PAC12 was established in 2011 and launched in 2012 and has been missing on D* since it launched. One of the reasons I left D* in 2012. Came back in 2014 and missed my PAC12 games. Hence my original post. Glad we lifelong PAC12 fans can finally get all of our games. I like watching my Saturday night games. And I missed them in 2014.

Status
Please reply by conversation.