Rumor Has It...

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
From what I hear from a friend of mine, Dish is dropping Bingo sometime this month, so you bingo-holics get your games in now!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I am surprised that they had it on there to begin with. I figure they would try to save as much bandwidth as they could especially with the launch of all of these local and HD channels.

BingoTV isnt taking up any additional bandwidth. Its on the same channel as 9900, which lets people know they have a Dish500 (I know it sounds corny because almost everyone has a Dish500) :)

They won't get rid of it....probably making them money :)

Slamminc11 said:
From what I hear from a friend of mine, Dish is dropping Bingo sometime this month, so you bingo-holics get your games in now!!!!!!!

Oh great! Granny's back out on the street again.:D

BingoTV was on 104 & 9900...same as the "you have a Dish500"

yes its true...per www.bingotv.com

BingoTV Going Off-Air
BingoTV's final broadcast will be on 12/14/05. We hope you've enjoyed watching BingoTV as much as we've enjoyed bringing it to you. We did not give away our jackpot on 12/7/05, so next week the jackpot will be a must-go night. Our $32,000 jackpot is the largest in the history of BingoTV. Good Luck

I thought they charged to play. If I'd have known it was free, I might have played it- naw.
But I think it's good somebody out there is trying to come up with value added services to offer- a really good new idea may one day appear. I for one look forward to the full capabilities of ATSC- one day we can click on an outfit someone is wearing and get info on where to buy it, or even buy it "online" immediately. Or get a web site with more info on the show, etc. Once in a while it would be nice, yet it's an unobtrusive technology. Intended for OTA, not sure if it would work with satellite- probably. Most of us already have the INTERNET connection. Maybe that is a future function of the Ethernet port on the 211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)