RUMOR SQUASHED - 921 HAS NOT BEEN DISCONTINUED

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott Greczkowski said:
Just an update. I got an email from Jim Defranco telling me

There you have it from the horses mouth.

It feels good to squish a rumor sometimes. I still am waiting for a reply from Echostar on the OTA Guide data, Jim tells me I should be getting an update on that soon.

If there in production then what are they doing with them? How many have been produced and where are they? No new units have been shipped in ages and no good information as to when they will resume and if they will work properly. This whole story stinks and shows disrepect for loyal customers.

They're waiting for the new chassis to come in ... those that don't have the holes for the 1394 ports punched.

This could really be the case. They shipped out a few that they had to ship, in order to fulfill RA's and 5000-trade-ins, but they don't want to deal with the "what's this tape covering?" when they start shipping to the masses.

A number of people who had their 921 die on them are getting new production units now. I guess you have to fill all of the broken return orders before you can ship them out to retailers. People with broken 921s weren't getting replacements for a long time. The new units had silver tape over the firewire ports......

jsanders said:
A number of people who had their 921 die on them are getting new production units now. I guess you have to fill all of the broken return orders before you can ship them out to retailers. People with broken 921s weren't getting replacements for a long time. The new units had silver tape over the firewire ports......

If what you're saying is true, then how many 921's can E* produce in a week? How long to clean out that backlog of replacements so new customers can get a 921? I don't know but it does seem strange that if E*'s making new boxes how come nobody can get one?

I got a new 921 on Friday, and its ports were taped over. (This one was replacing my 2nd unit which the crad reader died on it)

BTW I never got an answer to the OTA guide data. Something dont smell right there. Why are they ignoring that question.

Would all you people that are leaving E* for D*, just please leave "quietly". We are tired of hearing your whinning.

People that leave quietly are doing a major disservice for the customers who are staying with Dish Network, if everyone left and never compligned or posted why they were leaving Dish would never know how to fix what was wrong.

jerryez said:
Would all you people that are leaving E* for D*, just please leave "quietly". We are tired of hearing your whinning.

Amen. I actually posted something in here about 2 users that are REALLY getting on my nerves, but yanked it because one of them is in the pub! :eek:

BarryO said:
They're waiting for the new chassis to come in ... those that don't have the holes for the 1394 ports punched.

May be a bit more complicated then that. The port seems to stick out a bit from the back of the case.

They may have to remove the port connector from the motherboard.

Scott Greczkowski said:
People that leave quietly are doing a major disservice for the customers who are staying with Dish Network, if everyone left and never compligned or posted why they were leaving Dish would never know how to fix what was wrong.

100% correct Scott! Jerry and hancox are quite wrong about that.

TowJumper said:
Nah! You would not have gotten it. :)
I came really close, I was #5 on Scotts list and got a call saying it was ready. I turned it down so some other lucky E* customer could get it. Boy, that was close ;)

David_Levin said:
May be a bit more complicated then that. The port seems to stick out a bit from the back of the case.

OK, they'll need to wait for a new shipment of motherboards with the connectors left off. Once they're installed on the motherboard, they're too expensive to remove.

two things:
Do we believe this or is it more BS Lies?

Second, just for fun I plugged in a firewire cable..no it didn't work..what was a little interesting was that when I went into the menu/preferences where the blacked out DVHS is...no it wasnt white..well, it was white for a brief instance (0.1 sec). This happens if the cable was in or not. Could this mean that the software for it is there on the box and there is simply a firmware switch that eneds to be flicked?
FREAK!

David_Levin said:

Take a ball peen hammer and give it a firm 'whack' to drive it flush with the back of the case.

Thats probably what they are telling them to do on the assembly line anyway. :eureka

More evidence: Dish moves from HD leader to lagger!

The unending problems with the 921 and its uncertain future goes hat-and-hand with Dish networks eroding position in the HDTV wars. They can no longer claim with a staight face to be an"HD leader". They have fallen behind in
STB technology and they are in a free-fall when it comes to adding new programming. Surprisingly, none of their top executives seem concerned about losing its competitive edge.......what do they know that we don't?

Maybe a parnership in the near future with Dish and Voom to provide all the new hd channels. Or they might just buy Voom . You notice they have just about evacuated all channels from the 61.5 sat .

Things that make you go hummmmmmmmmm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts