Run one line combining OTA and Sat into 722

winwin2

Original poster
May 12, 2008
SF Bayarea
I have a coming new installation. I know the 722 and Dish 1000.2 can run one line for dual tuners. Can this one line RG6 also combine the OTA outdoor antenna with Sat dish using multi-switch penetrate one line into wall, then diplex to 722's dual sat inputs and ATSC ?
Does any one know the intaller willing to combine the OTA antenna in new installation ? Or, can they provide the multi-switch and diplexer ?
Thanks.
winwin2

The multi-switch is actually integrated with the D1K.2 lnb, and as such your install will only need to combine things with a pair of diplexers. One catch tho'; most installers aren't too comfortable with the fact you'll have TV2 *and* your OTA combined together.

Its even poosible to backfeed TV2 on same 1 cable with the use of several diplexors and splitters.

I cable for sat1, sat2, OTA and TV2...amazing!

It all comes down to signal strength. If the signals are strong enough you can reverse split (combine) OTA and TV2, then Diplex the OTA/TV2 signal into the Sat Line cable. In strong signal areas I have done this multiple times with no problems, but keep in mind that with all those connections in there you will probably be losing 8-12 dB of signal strength. Also your install may be in violation of FCC rules as it may result in a bleed of your TV2 signal through the antenna. A line Amp on your OTA immediately after the antenna will prevent bleed as well as help the signal overcome the losses resulting from all those connections. This setup will not work for powered OTAs unless you can put the power inserter just before the antenna (the diplexer will not pass power from the VHF/UHF side)

It all comes down to signal strength. If the signals are strong enough you can reverse split (combine) OTA and TV2, then Diplex the OTA/TV2 signal into the Sat Line cable. In strong signal areas I have done this multiple times with no problems, but keep in mind that with all those connections in there you will probably be losing 8-12 dB of signal strength. Also your install may be in violation of FCC rules as it may result in a bleed of your TV2 signal through the antenna. A line Amp on your OTA immediately after the antenna will prevent bleed as well as help the signal overcome the losses resulting from all those connections. This setup will not work for powered OTAs unless you can put the power inserter just before the antenna (the diplexer will not pass power from the VHF/UHF side)

Eggactly my setup in family room. The living room has 2 runs. When there is rain fade, both go at the same time. OTA is slightly weaker on the one line receiver.
No signal bleed to the antenna because of the amp that strenghtens TV2 and OTA is one way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)