Running 2 sat feeds into one RG6?

Alamat

Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Here's my situation. I have 1 bedroom wired and the adjacent not wired that I wat to put in a receiver. I also have the basement feed which I rarely use. I plan to move the receiver downstairs to the upstairs bedroom. Since I already have one RG6 going into the house up the aforementioned room, can I use a diplexer to feed 2 sat connects (from the ground block where everything starts) then use another diplexer to "split" it going to 2 receivers in separate rooms? Is there another kind of connector?

there are 2 problems with this. Diplexors will not work. they are for combining low frequency >900mhz and hight frequency Satellite onto the one cable. the use here wont work.

What you are thinking of is buying a DPP44 switch (roughly $200) and a set of combiners and seperators. but this wont work for seperate receivers as it only works for dual tuner units. such as the 522, 322, 721, 921.

You really cannot "Split" a satellite feed as a general rule. there are special cases but it wont work here.. I promise.

It looks like you will need to run another line down to where your downstairs line connects to the grounding block and switch the 2. thats pretty much the only way to get this to work the way you want.

Only way to do it would be to us a DP single(or Dual) and a dish 300. This is the only way to split the feeds. If you only have the AT60, then having only the 119 would work, but since most of the locals are elsewhere, you may have a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)