Running new RG6 cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
I want the installer to put my Super Dish where my Internet Sat. Dish was connected to my roof. From what I've been reading they like to install a pole to connect the dish too,(If there is no facia board on the house to hook it too). I have gutters all the way around my house. And my neighborhood doesn't allow Antenna's and stuff higher than the house. So I have my dishes attached to the roof in the back of my house .. out of view.
Will there be any problem if I want it mounted that way? The reason I'm asking I want to run new lines in my attic to the dish from the 4 TV's.
I was told they will only run the lines on the outside of my house, they won't go into my attic. I would like to run the lines before they arrive Wed. :confused:

Plywodstatebum said:
I want the installer to put my Super Dish where my Internet Sat. Dish was connected to my roof. From what I've been reading they like to install a pole to connect the dish too,(If there is no facia board on the house to hook it too). I have gutters all the way around my house. And my neighborhood doesn't allow Antenna's and stuff higher than the house. So I have my dishes attached to the roof in the back of my house .. out of view.
Will there be any problem if I want it mounted that way? The reason I'm asking I want to run new lines in my attic to the dish from the 4 TV's.
I was told they will only run the lines on the outside of my house, they won't go into my attic. I would like to run the lines before they arrive Wed. :confused:

I don't think they will install the super dish on your roof top cause it is a pretty heavy dish so that is why they install it on a pole and it is not the standard mount like the dish 500 . you might get lucky but i don't think so.
depend on the tech some will go in the attic but they may charge you for doing so My suggestion is that if you want it going through your attic i would run it myself just make sure you leave enough cable in case it has to go on a pole and not on the roof. or at least to where the cable can reach a ground source such as electric meter so it can be grounded. then if it goes on the pole they can run there line to met your at a ground block next to grounding source.

Its about a 25lb dish I took down 3 feet across I doubt is its bigger than that, But I'll do as you say and run the lines and leave a bunch extra, I just need 2 lines for the 2 - 322 boxes? And run a jumper line to the other rooms?

Plywodstatebum said:
Its about a 25lb dish I took down 3 feet across I doubt is its bigger than that, But I'll do as you say and run the lines and leave a bunch extra, I just need 2 lines for the 2 - 322 boxes? And run a jumper line to the other rooms?

if it was that big then and you left the mount they may use it.

There will be 3 lines from the dish to the switch. Then the 4 TV's will go from the switch. If you want the switch in the attic then you will need to run 3 lines out to the dish. If the switch is out by the dish then you will need to run 4 lines out there.

TYORK said:
I don't think they will install the super dish on your roof top cause it is a pretty heavy dish so that is why they install it on a pole and it is not the standard mount like the dish 500 . you might get lucky but i don't think so.
The installer who installed my dish had no problem putting it on the roof much like the OP described how his could. There are specially designed stablizing bars that go perpedicular to the Dish to help brace for wind. As long as it's properly installed, there shouldn't be a problem.

jlhugh said:
There will be 3 lines from the dish to the switch. Then the 4 TV's will go from the switch. If you want the switch in the attic then you will need to run 3 lines out to the dish. If the switch is out by the dish then you will need to run 4 lines out there.

If there is 4 seperate lines (one to each TV) How does the box at one end of the house change the TV at the other end? There is onlt 2 boxes and 4 TV's.

cdru said:
The installer who installed my dish had no problem putting it on the roof much like the OP described how his could. There are specially designed stablizing bars that go perpedicular to the Dish to help brace for wind. As long as it's properly installed, there shouldn't be a problem.
Those strut assemblies are MONEY. We have to do a lot of roof mounts where I live, and those struts are perfect. As long as your center bolts on the mast foot are in a roof stud, there is no problem mounting to the roof while using struts.

Plywodstatebum said:
If there is 4 seperate lines (one to each TV) How does the box at one end of the house change the TV at the other end? There is onlt 2 boxes and 4 TV's.

I didn't see where you said that you only had 2 receivers. Then you just need 2 lines coming into the TV's then run a line loop to another TV from the receivers.

You will need to run 2 lines from the switch to each 322, that is 4 wires total going to switch. Then come from back of 322 #1 to TV #2 with a wire. Then the same for 322 #2 run a wire from were it will be to TV #4

Thanks guys got them all run today while the guy installed the dish. he may have to come back and take it all back, If i don't get CBS... he also put in a pole about 4' above the ground so it hid in my back yard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts