RV dish choice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

joemc3

Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco
I am new to the forum. The posts are interesting but remind me of how ignorant I am of this technology.
I am trying to decide on a dish for use when travelling in my RV. Rather than takeing along my HD DVR receiver from home, I decided to buy a Plus DVR, without HD capability to mirror the home box. I know I will not be able to receive the HD channels but am wondering about premium channels, HBO, MSNBC, Showtime and such.
Also, when I go on to E-Bay to check out receivers, I am not sure if I need a 3 LNB dish and what version.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe:)

I am new to the forum. The posts are interesting but remind me of how ignorant I am of this technology.
I am trying to decide on a dish for use when travelling in my RV. Rather than takeing along my HD DVR receiver from home, I decided to buy a Plus DVR, without HD capability to mirror the home box. I know I will not be able to receive the HD channels but am wondering about premium channels, HBO, MSNBC, Showtime and such.
Also, when I go on to E-Bay to check out receivers, I am not sure if I need a 3 LNB dish and what version.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe:)

The easiest SD dish to handle while RVing is certainly the 18" round single LNB one. You only need to lock 1 sat (101) and you will get all of your programming. Remember, if you travel outside of your area's spotbeam you won't get your locals (no matter what dish you use).

The "old" round dishes are readily available, easy to aim and pretty cheap. Also, due to their size, they RV very well.

I would recommend NOT going thru ebay for a recvr as you don't know if there is a balance on it or if its a leased or owned unit, just because you buy it from a guy, doesn't mean it's an OWNed unit.

Call D* tell them you want to add a SD recvr to your home, they generally are available for next to nothing, sometimes nothing and you'll get a new generation one instead.

Look online in your account and go to the add recvr section and see what they are offering you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)