RV & Pay as you go question

BigAl1961

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I was looking at the Dish website about the pay as you go program. What I am unclear about it the equipment requirement. It talks about needing a mobile HD receiver like the 211K. I don't have an HD TV in my RV, and I have hidden away the first receiver I bought when I first got Dish: a 4700. Is it possible to reactivate the 4700 and use it for my RV? I tried looking at what receivers were still able to be activated and I thought it looked like the 4700 was still OK but I was not sure.

I'd appreciate any advice and thoughts you may have.

I was looking at the Dish website about the pay as you go program. What I am unclear about it the equipment requirement. It talks about needing a mobile HD receiver like the 211K. I don't have an HD TV in my RV, and I have hidden away the first receiver I bought when I first got Dish: a 4700. Is it possible to reactivate the 4700 and use it for my RV? I tried looking at what receivers were still able to be activated and I thought it looked like the 4700 was still OK but I was not sure.

I'd appreciate any advice and thoughts you may have.
Hi the 4700 receiver is being made obsolete. You can use that receiver to set-up an activation only account where you have your own equipment and a technician is not need for installation. At some point in the future, you will need to upgrade the receiver. The VIP211 receiver is a good one and it can do SD, as well as HD programming. You can also add an External Hard Drive to it for a one time $40.00 fee and convert it to a DVR. It is mostly up to you but if have specific question, pleas feel free to PM me or any DIRT member. We would be happy to help!

I'm betting Ms. Brady gets you set up perfectly, but for what it's worth, I used Clint Wall at ae.tx.com to set up a Flex (pre-pay) account last year and things went great. He spent waaay too much time answering my questions. Feel like I owe him a few for the time he spent with me, so there's another great resource if you have setup questions.

(Starting from scratch, I ended up spending $114 on hardware, including the 211k, after my autopay rebate, so even if you do have to buy a new receiver (and dish to match), it's not too steep.)

The 4700 receiver was software updated to a 4900, how long has yours been disconnected? Do you have the yellow or the blue card in it? Current card is purple so that could be a $50 cost, also you need Legacy LNBs or Dish Pro Plus LNBs and the voltage output of the 4700 might not power DPP electronics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts