rv receiver usage

twotoeranch

Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
oregon
Hello, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on a couple of issues that I received no help whatsoever from dish network.
1. We have our system setup in the rv and are receiving 119 just fine, how do we now bring in the 110 without losing the 119?
2. I read that we are eligible to receive the locals as we do at our home when we are setup in the rv by signing and returning a rv declarations form, Dish has told me they don't have this form to give me and I have to get it from a local dish retailer, which basically there are none, has anyone else been in this situation and gotten their locals in their rv while away from home?
thanks for the help everyone!

twotoeranch

depending on the rec. u have...what u need to do is undo the sat. feed run check-switch let it do 1-38 re-attach sat. line and I think that should work.

First off what satellite dish are you using? A tripod ground dish or a roof mounted dish? If a roof unit, is it an automatic dish?

As to local channels. Since locals channels are spot beamed, there is a limited range from you home base that you can receive the locals. And, the odds are the locals are not on satellite 119. You could go through the process of going through DishTV Customer Service and change your location each time you move. Ugly at the best.

Now if you mean the ability to receive broadcast channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) then your are talking about Distance Network Services (DNS). DishTV can't handle this because DishTV can't sell the DNS service. You have to get DNS from All American Direct. The AAD website has the waiver you fill out and fax to them along with a copy of your RV registration. That lets your get DNS.

An advantage of using DNS is that is you choose, you can have the East Coast feeds and the West Coast feed which allows a lot more flexibility to watch programs that conflict in the same time slot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)