RV Rules

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Okay I have a question, what are DIsh's rules as far as RV's goes. My parents have a RV and they want to do alot of traveling...Well They also want locals of some sort when they travel, ABC NBC CBS and FOX, not from ohio, but from somewhere as he likes to watch cops, and certain shows on those channels....what are the rules with Dish to get a reciever activated on that...I am posting this here, and a similiar thread in Directv area as I need to know who is more lax on these rules as I dont want this to be a hassle for my parents (as the threads I found said the audit team shut their RV recievers down when they could read the numbers.) any help is apperciated, thanks

James

Dish *DID* issue RV/trucker authorizations where you were able to choose a distant network source that was on a nationwide beam. It required you fill out a form and send that and a copy of a current vehicle registration of a qualifying RV/travel trailer/semi-truck. The form required you swear/affirm that you would only keep the receiver in the authorized vehicle.

As far as I know I still have my "authorization" but lately I've traveled within the spot beam that handles my own locals so that is what is authorized on my trailer receiver and is identical to my house receivers. Needless to say I'm not going to poke a sleeping bear to see if I can switch to LA or New York locals just to satisfy my (or your) curiosity.

If the program exists or not you should be able to verify that with an online chat or phone call. If the support person will send you the form your folks will be OK. But without that I think Dish is of the opinion that you are violating their use agreement if you move the receiver from your residence even though they most likely would never find you out.

Last edited:
DISH no longer is allowed to offer waivers for Distant channels but you can get them (with a Waiver) from AllAmericanDirect https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/ who provides the Atlanta and San Fran networks nationally to a DISH customer. RV Ownership still provides access to their network channels.

Cost is $12/month I believe for East and West coast but alas, not in HD.

Yes but the OP was concerned about the enforcement police calling and demanding card numbers. I know this does happen and the "authorization" I have is supposed to stop that kind of harassment.

One thing I see reading his post is that he just wants the broadcast channels. A solution to this is a VIP receiver with an ATSC tuner. Then his dad could use the good old standard RV antenna and be likely to get a perfect picture(or none) if he's near any city of size. The thing that drove so many of us to dishes on our traveling homes is because of the hideous ghosty pictures old NTSC TV served up when multipath dogged us at every stop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)