RV SATELLITE TV QUESTIONS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DUCKWING

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
North East Mississippi
I need some basic satellite TV education. I have a round Winegard antenna on top of my 2010 motor home and a Dish receiver. I parked in the WalMart parking lot and quickly found a good signal on 119. I didn't find 110 or 148 but didn't spend much time looking. Was just happy to find something.

Now for my education. In use, do I need signal from more than one satellite? Should I be able to do so with the round antenna or do you to have to repoint to get the desired channels?

I need some basic satellite TV education. I have a round Winegard antenna on top of my 2010 motor home and a Dish receiver. I parked in the WalMart parking lot and quickly found a good signal on 119. I didn't find 110 or 148 but didn't spend much time looking. Was just happy to find something.

Now for my education. In use, do I need signal from more than one satellite? Should I be able to do so with the round antenna or do you to have to repoint to get the desired channels?

Welcome to the Site DuckWing.

You'll probably want to post this in the DISH Network side of things, it sounds like you have Dish instead of Directv on the RV from the Sat's you mentioned.

Directv uses the 99, 101 and 103 mainly, nothing currently on the 110 slot and a few items on the 119 slot.
The Core D* programming is on the 99, 101 and 103 Sats.

You MAY be able to change your Set up on your RV to include D*, some set ups handle both and Bell as well, but you have to choose what your set up with recvr wise.

Most RV set ups on the roofs don't handle the HD side of things with D*, without getting your own dish that you set up with a tripod (which MANY people do, do.) or spending a huge amount of money at the moment for HD ($1600. currently)

Most of the onboard dish systems on rvs only see 1 sat at a time. Most use legacy lnbs which are interchangeable between directv & dish. However the legacy lnb when using directv will only see 101. Some of the fancier systems will run a check switch with dish & automatically toggle back & forth between the different sats depending upon the channel you tuned in. In my area I have yet to see 1 that will see 129, all I've seen will check switch 119,110 & 61.5 & not without running it a few times. If you have a manual with it, the best advice I can give is to read it thoroughly & understand its limitations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts