rv satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sguest9

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
Athens ga
Who makes an automatic dish that will receive DIRECTV hd. I am trying to find one like the cube. Where I can set out and it will do all the work for me. I have found many that will work with dish hd and DIRECTV sd but only one for DIRECTV hd and it was 1899.00.

winegard is the only one i have been able to find and most people i have talked to that have like it but it cost way to much

If you think wineguard is expensive, look at motosat. This is why I use a tripod mounted dish when we are on the road. Once you do it a few times it gets easier. Since I use our bedroom HD DVR and have SWM at home, I bought equipment compatible with my home setup. This way it is just plug and play.

If you want HD you may want to consider this option. I also use a tv rf modulator to send a SD signal to the back TV through the existing switch-box in the RV. With the HD receiver you get the option to have your remote work on RF so I can control the DVR with my remote back in the bedroom. Works for me.

Charper1,
Note that currently none of the domes support DirecTV HD. Right now you only have the Wineguard (as you point out) and the Motosat options for automated DirecTV HD solutions.
Bob

their website specs sheets say they do HD

FROM KVH
This is satellite TV at sea like you’ve never seen before – KVH’s new 24" TracVision® HD7 antenna bringing high-definition programming from DIRECTV® Using KVH’s exclusive TriAD™ technology, the TracVision HD7 antenna can receive broadcasts from three DIRECTV satellites at once! Delivering DIRECTV® HDTV just like you enjoy at home! (BUT ITS HIGH $$$)

FROM MOTOSAT
http://www.precisesatellite.com/products/motosat/specs/HD.pdf

Last edited:
charper1,
With all due respect, you will note that KVH's website implies that the 24" TracVision® HD7 antenna is for marine applications. If you take a close look at that dome it really stands up quite a bit. I suspect that it may have issues if you run it down the freeway, especially if there were headwinds or crosswinds. And yes, it is very pricy.
Bob

the main diffs is for the housing and specs to prevent salt water and other issues specific to marine; its still the same basic unit reception wise. there really is no diff between running down a highway or water; safe to say water running is far less stable so if you got the bucks and just have to have it; this will do just fine for a smooth highway ride or RV park.

all that said; I see nothing wrong with the other items the user was shown; even though to my knowledge the Motosat and Winegard dishes cant be use during movement.

Yes, I've been waiting for the newest Vue Cube that will get D* in HD as well, I spoke with the makers of the VuCube and they say it's being worked on, but about a year away.

thanks for all the help i guess i will just wait until the price comes down. Just makes me mad that you can one for dish hd for about 500.00 and the ones for directv cost 1,300.00.

thanks for all the help i guess i will just wait until the price comes down. Just makes me mad that you can one for dish hd for about 500.00 and the ones for directv cost 1,300.00.

difference is that DISH HD signals are in the same delivery format as thier SD, while D*'s is not.

It's a KA and KU issue, D* needs to have BOTH available on thier dishes and DN isn't.

The people who build these are working on them, just not completed yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)