RV Setup Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

itherrkr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Nampa, ID
I have had 2 accounts, one of them being my RV account. Since DTV has put the screws to the RV account, by only letting me turn it on and off twice a year now, I am thinking of getting rid of it and using a receiver on my house account, thus eliminating the $45 a month cost. This brings up a few questions I hope somebody can answer. I see Sadoun has a setup with the DirecTV AU9 Slimline Dish. I live in Boise and have HD locals over the sat. Would these channels be available if I were to travel off to say, AZ? Will this Sat get me those local HD channels at all, as well as the other HD channels? Do I need a switch of any kind for this project? I will be using the standard DTV HD receiver. Thanks.

I have had 2 accounts, one of them being my RV account. Since DTV has put the screws to the RV account, by only letting me turn it on and off twice a year now, I am thinking of getting rid of it and using a receiver on my house account, thus eliminating the $45 a month cost. This brings up a few questions I hope somebody can answer. I see Sadoun has a setup with the DirecTV AU9 Slimline Dish. I live in Boise and have HD locals over the sat. Would these channels be available if I were to travel off to say, AZ? Will this Sat get me those local HD channels at all, as well as the other HD channels? Do I need a switch of any kind for this project? I will be using the standard DTV HD receiver. Thanks.
The sphere of reception for locals is usually about 200 miles. I have read (here) about some getting them further away. You should get everything else though. Have you considered making your RV "fulltime" and getting the nationals? then when you're "home" you could use OTA for the Boise locals. just a thought.:cool:

I am trying to figure out why your paying a 45 dollar a month fee for your RV? I have my RV permanent set up in a seasonal campground and i just use one of my home receivers and list it as my RV receiver. The problem i had was when i closed it up last season in October, i forgot to shut it off and just figured that out today so i paid a lot of useless money. I will turn it back on may 1st when the season opens back up. I only pay 7.99 a month for it because i have HD running in my RV

I am trying to figure out why your paying a 45 dollar a month fee for your RV? I have my RV permanent set up in a seasonal campground and i just use one of my home receivers and list it as my RV receiver. The problem i had was when i closed it up last season in October, i forgot to shut it off and just figured that out today so i paid a lot of useless money. I will turn it back on may 1st when the season opens back up. I only pay 7.99 a month for it because i have HD running in my RV

Well, since I have local channels available in Boise and they are located on 61.5, I did not want to haul around and setup 2 dishes. In order to get nationals, I had to create the RV account, which of course requires me to add a package of channels. You can't have national channels if locals are available in your area, another instance of our government knowing best.:mad:

The sphere of reception for locals is usually about 200 miles. I have read (here) about some getting them further away. You should get everything else though. Have you considered making your RV "fulltime" and getting the nationals? then when you're "home" you could use OTA for the Boise locals. just a thought.:cool:

I would think D would find it a bit weird I would need 4 receivers for an RV? I think I would feel a little weird requesting such a thing, but it is a good idea, if I could get past the weirdness and get it past a CSR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts