RV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sirguy

Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I don't have a HD TV in my RV. Which Sat company will give me the better picture quality, DTV or Dish? Can I still use a DVR w/o a HD receiver? Most of the RV'ers I know are going to Dish for the HD channels, but I thinks DTV may offer a better around package (NFL Network). Thanks for your pending help, Guy from San Diego...

Both DISH Network and DIRECTV offer SD only DVRs, but that's probably a little short sighted in this day and age.

The reason that your RV friends are going with DISH Network probably has more to do with the lack of an easy-to-use HD dish solution for DIRECTV.

If NFL ST is of overriding importance, DIRECTV is your only choice and all of their SD programming is available easily to RV users. HD programming requires the use of a standard Slimline residential dish with the associated setup tinkering and tweaking.

If HD is more important, DISH is far and away the best answer for RV users.

Thank you very much... Since I don't have a HD TV, I'll go with DTV. I don't know at this time if I will upgrade my tv's to HD... However, you make a very convincing argument for Dish HD. Thanks, Guy.

Both DISH Network and DIRECTV offer SD only DVRs, but that's probably a little short sighted in this day and age.

The reason that your RV friends are going with DISH Network probably has more to do with the lack of an easy-to-use HD dish solution for DIRECTV.

If NFL ST is of overriding importance, DIRECTV is your only choice and all of their SD programming is available easily to RV users. HD programming requires the use of a standard Slimline residential dish with the associated setup tinkering and tweaking.

If HD is more important, DISH is far and away the best answer for RV users.
Harsh... Kinda surprised to read your comments. The reason I LEFT Dish is because I had to have two dishes for HD. (plus they didn't carry Cincinnati locals in HD and STILL don't.) Directv's RV setup in SD for me (tailgating) is much easier than Dish. I use a "bullseye" mount and it alsmost aligns itself. Possibly, today, Dish offers a single, small-dish, solution for HD, but one year ago they did not. The AU-9 Slimline for HD seems like a good way to go. IF the OP MAY go Hd in the future but is not going there now, D* seems a better bet. IMHO.:cool:

Your SD tailgating setup is not the kind of setup I was talking about for the modern RV dweller. I'm talking about HD in an RV which is a whole different can of worms. RV service, according to The Book, doesn't involve LIL of any kind.

There is also the distinction between setting up for a few hours on game day (a clear violation of your service agreement) and setting up for a few days, weeks or months in a campground.

There is also the distinction between setting up for a few hours on game day (a clear violation of your service agreement) and setting up for a few days, weeks or months in a campground.

Actually Harsh, D* does not mind you taking your equipment with you camping at all and if you let them know ahead of time they may even turn on the locals where your going. Parents go to Texas every year for about a month and a half and have no problems at all.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts