RVer needs suggestions for changing service address

fputnam

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
NE Florida
Since All American Direct has gone out of business it appears the only option for RVers to receive major network stations is to call Dish and request a service address change when changing locations.

My experience with trying this in the past has been less than satisfactory when trying to get a regular customer service person to understand what i am doing. Most have insisted that a service tech come out to my location to set things up. Only after a prolonged discussion have I convinced them that everything works fine I just need them to execute a few keystrokes that assigns my receiver to a new location.

Is there a person or group that understands that RVers move around a lot and that their Dish equipment doesn't need to be realigned every time we call? If there is, how do I get in touch with them?

Thanks

From reading posts, it appears CSR's are more aware now that RV's have no choice now and will change your address. There was at one time a number specifically for RV questions but I don't think it exists anymore. Perhaps a DIRT member can answer better.
That number was (or is) 888-309-0370

If it does still exist even if they can not do the actual address change they may know a number that is better than the regular CSR.

I use the CS chat system to make service address location changes for my RV. I prewrite the new address info in a text file to make sure I've got everything right, and then copy and paste the message into the chat window once the session starts. A lot less hassle than explaining everything over the phone.

Still hoping a DIRT member might share with us a special phone number for handling change of service address requests for RVers.

Lacking that, I will try the CS chat method.

Now that the spots basically blanket the county, they should just automate it and put it on your web account so you can move the service address. Not going to receive a signal unless you are in the beam so things would be much simpler (and take everyone less time).

Except there are plenty of instances where you are in the spotbeam but out of market. The Networks would consider that a National emergency if people could easily get out of market affiliates.

Except there are plenty of instances where you are in the spotbeam but out of market. The Networks would consider that a National emergency if people could easily get out of market affiliates.

Subs are ALREADY doing this as we speak; just look at all the posts on this site about "moving" to nearby markets in those spotbeams... ;)

Subs are ALREADY doing this as we speak; just look at all the posts on this site about "moving" to nearby markets in those spotbeams... ;)
Sometimes that comes in handy for RV'ers. We recently were in three different RV parks that would have been in the Tampa, Ft Meyers, and Miami markets respectively. Since all three locations were in the Ft Meyers spot beam, I made that our address for all three stops, saving having to make the other two changes. We could get the actual area locals OTA, so keeping up with the local news was easy, but getting the weather from Ft Meyers, since most of the patterns come from the west, gave us better coverage. Now we're in the Orlando market and on the fringe for Ft Meyers, so I did make a change this time.

After full time RV'ing for several years, I've found that it is best to not mention RV. I just go to Dish's website, get a chat going, and change my service address. I say "my billing address is the same, but my new service address is..............". No problem so far.

We just recently returned from a two month trip to Alabama/Florida from Colorado. I had no issues with calling CS and telling them we were now at a different address. Always within about 5 minutes the locals were changed. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)