S. California FIOS TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
Anyone in S. California getting FIOS TV? I called Verizon yesterday and was told phone and internet service was aviable here (in Palm Desert); but the CSR had no info, on when TV service would become aviable.

I'm keeping a close watch on it too... I'm in Menifee... 1 mile north of Murrieta where Fios TV is going to be available very soon. I wander if unincorporated areas will get it as well... anyone knows ?

I wish they could get a State wide permission just like Texas...

The only places that I know are close to getting FIOS TV in Socal is Beaumont and Murrieta. Yahoo TV listings already have Fios TV listings for Beaumont and Murrieta is supposed to start service in February or March.

wtb955 said:
Does anyone have any idea if there are plans to provide FIOS TV service in the San Francisco area to include the East Bay?:rolleyes:

Is that area part of the SBC/AT&T area? Fios TV won't be provided outside of the Verizon area unless something changes years from now.

Kaos said:
The only places that I know are close to getting FIOS TV in Socal is Beaumont and Murrieta. Yahoo TV listings already have Fios TV listings for Beaumont and Murrieta is supposed to start service in February or March.

I wonder how far out in the line Temecula is for FIOS TV service.

I just had internet/phone service installed about a month ago as soon as it was available.

FIOS web page

I don't know how old and outdated this web page might be, but it shows where FIOS Intenet access is and will be installed in Southern california. (Does the internet access require the same cabling that FIOS TV will use?):

www fioslive com/los-angeles-county htm (replace spaces with dots)

It kind of got my hopes up because I live in Pacific Palisades and this page is stating that FIOS is already operational in Malibu. But I have no clue where I can get clearer information on what hoops need to be jumped through, and what progress has been made in jumping through them, before FIOS TV reaches my area...

Kaos said:

A couple of months ago I got an e-mail from Verizon asking if I was interested, so I had them put me on their interest list. So if Beaumont - which is about 10 miles South East from us - is getting service soon maybe they will work their way north-west toward Yucaipa. From what I have read their HD service sounds really good and competitive with Dish Nets packages, so if their picture quality is good I will look at them real close.

Dish Network is upgrading their system to MPEG4 and is offering us a new DVR receiver that will be able to see the new channels. The cost is $299 with a $200 rebate so the cost is reasonable but the catch is signing up for 18 months service.

If Verizon is planning on providing service in the next 6 to 9 months I would wait, but otherwise I will be tied up with Dish for another 18 months.

I read on another board that some just got an install appointment for FiOS TV in Beaumont. It is scheduled for the 31st. So they have started the process in Beaumont.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts