s21 switch question

Rand

Jan 2, 2007
Thanks to any of the pros who can give me a little help. I carry my dish 300 and 522 dvr a few times a year for my horse trailer. When I was loading up I couldn't find the s21 switch. My LNB only has 2 ports. Is the s21 a must to get any channels or will I at least get the odd's or evens and which bird should I try for (119 or 110) and which transponder is the strongest for peaking? I will be in Bryson City N.C. Thanks so much, I love tv and can't do without it.

The sw21 switch is not necessary if you only have a dish 300. You should get all the channels on which ever sat you aim at. The second port on the lnb would be used for a second receiver.

If it is indeed a dish300 (must be really old and is hard to find anymore) it should be a dual lnb which can only see one sat so no switch is needed. The sw21 would combine two legacy lnb's either together on bigger dishes or two dish300's.

so is there any need to run a switch check when peaking? and which satellite and transponder should I look for. I usually do not have too much trouble getting something.Yep Gary, your right, now I remember its old lagecy and 10 years old

Depends on your subscription and what you want to watch. View the channel chart by sat location, aim for it. If you do not have a current system, run check switch before aiming. If you are using an old legacy with no switch involved, once you peak signal for sat you are looking at, another check switch to get your guide info. If you reaim at another sat, then do another check switch. It is probably a good idea to run the check switch whenever you change something.

Thanks to any of the pros who can give me a little help. I carry my dish 300 and 522 dvr a few times a year for my horse trailer. When I was loading up I couldn't find the s21 switch. My LNB only has 2 ports. Is the s21 a must to get any channels or will I at least get the odd's or evens and which bird should I try for (119 or 110) and which transponder is the strongest for peaking? I will be in Bryson City N.C. Thanks so much, I love tv and can't do without it.
With a 522 you need to run 2 cables from a Legacy dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts