S528

I just tuned to channel 79, left it there for a minute or two, then played a DVR event for a minute, then hit the 'Live TV' button. I'm listening to "Juan Carlos Quintero" as I type this...
Given that your method was so much different from my test procedure, I'm not surprised the result was different.

I'm not seeing the difference. Clarification?
I powered up on a 9xx channel as opposed to a seasonal special channel.
I finished and exited the DVR function as opposed to pressing the live TV button.

If I hadn't carefully detailed the steps, I can see where there may have been confusion.

I powered up on a 9xx channel as opposed to a seasonal special channel.
I finished and exited the DVR function as opposed to pressing the live TV button.

If I hadn't carefully detailed the steps, I can see where there may have been confusion.
You said stop the dvr clip... So you're saying to finish the playback all the way through?

IMG_20151124_205827[1].jpg
I just upgraded to dish hopper on saturday and I have the 528 version. While the guide and setup menus still has the old UI, I noticed the top and bottom bar in the live TV screens has a flat design got a carbon UI look. I don't know whether this was there earlier or it is part of the current release.

Last edited:
Given that your method was so much different from my test procedure, I'm not surprised the result was different.
Sorry, but whatever you were dreaming in your head is clearly NOT what you typed. Just to clarify, these are your "steps":
Try this:
  • go to a DISH audio channel
  • view a DVR clip
  • stop and exit the DVR feature
  • see if you can hear the audio on the DISH CD channel
I apologize for not reading your mind better....

My steps were:
  • I just tuned to channel 79, left it there for a minute or two, (go to a DISH audio channel)
  • then played a DVR event for a minute, (view a DVR clip)
  • then hit the 'Live TV' button. (stop and exit the DVR feature)
  • I'm listening to "Juan Carlos Quintero" as I type this... (see if you can hear the audio on the DISH CD channel)
I can see how drastically they were different now.... :rolleyes:

Anyone having thier Hopper reboot after skipping forward while watching a recording from a second hopper? Both are HWS on S528 and this is happening to the hopper (5x while watching into the badlands) in my living room while viewing the recording from the hopper in my bedroom.

Backup is no longer working on SJ S580. Trying to force a backup yields "backup failed". Works fine on HWS S528. Just got both on 11/20.

Backup is no longer working on SJ S580. Trying to force a backup yields "backup failed". Works fine on HWS S528. Just got both on 11/20.

Assuming that you mean a SuperJoey and a remote backup, I didn't know that the SuperJoey could do a remote back up and I'm wondering why you'd even want to do one. Remote back-ups are miraculous on DVR's to transfer the timers and settings but on a SJ you could reset all your settings in about 3 minutes or less. :)

I didn't know that the SuperJoey could do a remote back up and I'm wondering why you'd even want to do one. Remote back-ups are miraculous on DVR's to transfer the timers and settings but on a SJ you could reset all your settings in about 3 minutes or less. :)
I was thinking favorite lists and parental settings?

My steps were:

I just tuned to channel 79, left it there for a minute or two, (go to a DISH audio channel)
The DISH audio channels are homed in the 900s. Mapdowns may or may not react the same.
then played a DVR event for a minute, (view a DVR clip)
That part was the same.
then hit the 'Live TV' button. (stop and exit the DVR feature)
Identifying and utilizing shortcuts is not how processes are duplicated.

Upon further testing, it may be that the Hopper doesn't like to fall back to music channels. If I start the session on a music channel (something my Hopper doesn't seem inclined to do with a conventional on-off-on sequence), the audio issue pops up. It is interesting that when turning off the receiver on a music channel, the Hopper seems to wake up to the last TV channel.

My Hopper often comes out of the nightly reboot on a music channel as they get a lot of play on my system when I'm doing something other than watching TV.

Assuming that you mean a SuperJoey and a remote backup, I didn't know that the SuperJoey could do a remote back up and I'm wondering why you'd even want to do one. Remote back-ups are miraculous on DVR's to transfer the timers and settings but on a SJ you could reset all your settings in about 3 minutes or less. :)

I am pretty sure my Superjoey backed up to the remotes before. I do have different favorites lists and parental controls on it than on the Hopper. Anyway, it would be nice if it worked.
To clarify, I meant I had just gotten the new software on 11/20. Have had the HWS and SJ since March 2014.

...Upon further testing, it may be that the Hopper doesn't like to fall back to music channels. If I start the session on a music channel (something my Hopper doesn't seem inclined to do with a conventional on-off-on sequence), the audio issue pops up. It is interesting that when turning off the receiver on a music channel, the Hopper seems to wake up to the last TV channel.
I do not have the Hopper (yet) but I have seen this behavior on my ViP receivers. I see it when I have the Guide set to "My HD Channels" and have directly tuned in channel 997, say, to listen to my "go to sleep" background music. After the inactivity timer shuts off my receiver, it will power up to the same channel. If I watch a DVR event for some time and let it finish, I'm usually watching one of the HD Sports channels card, channel #8xx (today it was 890, MLB).

Is your Guide set to anything other than "All Channels"?

Is your Guide set to anything other than "All Channels"?
My guide is set to My HD Channels. All HD channels, music and OTA channels appear in that version of the guide. The SiriusXM channels appear in a collapsible section at channel 99 but the DISH music channels are listed individually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)