SA - CTN (Christian Television Network) Dispute

pdevivo

Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Grand Gorge, NY
I happened to be watching the Christian Television Network (CTNTV Channel 9714) just before noon today. Host Glenn Plummer was taking telephone calls when the topic of Sky Angel's decision to cancel CTNTV due to poor technical quality became the main discussion. At 12:00 noon (Eastern), Glenn decided to cancel the scheduled programming to discuss the issue further and give his side of the dispute. Before he could get into the topic, Sky Angel Operations cut the signal and replaced it with a "We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties" screen. The signal was restored by mid-afternoon.

I have no further information on what the dispute is than what Glenn said just before the signal was cut. But Glenn presented the situation in a gracious manner. He spoke highly of Sky Angel and stated (later confirmed by running a Sky Angel commercial) that CTN was a promoter of SA.

Perhaps there is much more behind this. I do not know who is actually running Sky Angel now since the passing of founder Robert Johnson. I notice that Pella and Evie are absent from the Inside Sky Angel broadcasts after having served faithfully for many years. I realize that balancing the potential programs with the available bandwidth is a real challenge. And add to that the challenge of keeping the cults off and good balanced wholesome orthodox Christian programming on.

I have been a regular Sky Angel financial supporter from way back in the late 80's when it was just a dream of Bob Johnson. I am a life member. It grieves me when I see disagreements between God's servants. I pray that the current management will improve their relations with the program providers and work together in the service of our Lord Jesus.

Read Sky Angel's statement at www.skyangel.com/ctn

I have noticed many technical issues on CTN-Detroit. I appreciate Pastor Glenn Plummer and enjoy CTN Live, but one evening just recently the audio hum was so bad I had to tune out, other problems I have noticed are video dropout and distorted audio.

Sky Angel must maintain high technical standards, in this day and age people expect it.

It may also be that CTN-Detroit did not rate very well in a Viewer Advisory Board survey. Except for CTN-Live, I rarely watch the channel.

Daystar should also be taken off as soon as possible. There fund raising practices are terrible. "I broke the back of poverty with a $1000 seed", those $1000 seeds make the tv preacher very wealthy.

Sky needs to do whatever is necessary to secure a larger subscriber base.

If you are a Sky Angel subscriber and are not a member of the Viewer Advisory Board, become one. Let your input be heard.

Jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts