SA in Mexico

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RadioRazorback

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
Arkansas
Just moved to Mexico recently and am a subscriber to SA. I would like to keep SA if possible. In order to pick up SA signal in central Mexico what size dish and what kind of LNB will I need (Lat. 22.1, Long. 101.0). I have a 508 receiver. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

In which city are U? I'm in Queretaro and as I know there is no problem to get Dish Network or SkyAngel. I just ordered a Dish network system from the US. The dish should have at least 3 feet. With the 2 feet dish from Dish Network you may have some problems. The LNB will not change.

I am in San Luis Potosi. I have read here somewhere on the forum that you could pick up E* in Mexico but wasn't sure about what size dish I needed. I have a 30" DirecTV dish but have not had any luck finding any signal whatsoever.

Dish size for SLP

A friend of mine uses a 120 cm offset dish in Guadalajara, I guess you need the same size dish to get Sky Angel in SLP.

The elevation for Echostar 3 at 61.5° in your city is 38.8°, and the Azimuth is 114.57°, to get an idea where you should aim your dish to, look for the Mexican SKY dishes, they point to PAS9 at 58°, it's very near from Sky Angel's satellite.

Thanks cavitron for the info. Sorry, so slow on reply, I have been out of town for several days. I think I have found a good deal on a 180 cm or even possibly a 240 cm dish (used). It may be bigger than I need but since I have been checking out this site I have a sudden intrest in FTA. Maybe I can get a FTA receiver when I go home for Christmas and take advangtage of the bigger dish. :)

RadioRazorback said:
Thanks cavitron for the info. Sorry, so slow on reply, I have been out of town for several days. I think I have found a good deal on a 180 cm or even possibly a 240 cm dish (used). It may be bigger than I need but since I have been checking out this site I have a sudden intrest in FTA. Maybe I can get a FTA receiver when I go home for Christmas and take advangtage of the bigger dish. :)

You're welcome razorback :)

I don't think you will get advantage of a bigger dish if you are going to aim it at 61.5°, because there's no FTA on that bird. To take advantage of an FTA receiver, you'll need a 90 cm dish with a motor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts