SA* News..Halmark to move and HGTV news

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Nothing earth shattering, but I just got the latest newsletter from Sky Angel.

Hallmark Channel is moving from channel 9713 to 9729 which is right next to Hallmark Movie Channel in "late August". I would expect there to be a week-long transition where the channel is available on 9713 and 9729, but who knows.

And it's official! Fe TV is gone when HGTV comes in:

From the newsletter:

HGTV (Home & Garden Television) is scheduled to join the Sky Angel lineup on August 24. The channel will be replacing FE TV on Sky Angel Channel 9720. FE TV and Sky Angel will continue to work together to serve the Hispanic community by airing Spanish-language programming on other Sky Angel channels. The Spanish-language radio station, Radio Nueva Vida, will continue to air on Sky Angel Channel 9780. For more about HGTV, click here!

Just as an editorial side note, I personally thing that HGTV is an AWFUL choice for Sky Angel. This channel is available on the most basic package on Dish, Direct and any cable system. Sky Angel should look for unique or "premium" services that would entice subscribers to add Sky Angel as a suppliment to the regular Dish package. This way Sky could attract subs who would otherwise never consider Christian programming. This is how a real ministry should work...reaching out to those that otherwise would not consider the ministry!

See ya
Tony

drfreeman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Aug 17, 2004
I would agree with tony about hgtv.
you think they would add something NOT on the dish network
at the most basic level.i would thing a very large amount of sky angel
customers have at least the top 60(or whatever its call now!)
it would be interesting to get those numbers..

Hallmark Channel to move to Sky Angel Channel 9729

Sky Angel viewers should be aware that Hallmark Channel is going to be moving from its present channel position on Sky Angel Channel 9713 to Sky Angel Channel 9729. The move is scheduled to take place sometime in late August and will not interrupt programming.

James Long

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2003
Michiana: South of the Border
The more I think about it, the more I want a more complete renumbering of the SkyAngel offerings to better showcase / separate the "family" channels from the religious channels.

Moves I'd make:
9732 Worship TV to 9704 (near TVU and Spirit, right after KTV)
9718 Fox News to 9720
9713 Hallmark to 9721
9730 Hallmark Movies to 9722
(9720) HGTV to 9723

That would keep the religious channels together, put the music channels back together (since losing Gospel Music TV strands WorshipTV at 9732) and separates the 'family channels' into a nice range.

I wish these channels would have been introduced on these new channels instead of just replacing old non-similar content.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)