SA8000 vs SA8300

better remote??? wow. How bad was the 8000? I find the 8300 remote to be very cumbersome and not user-friendly at all. It's not the worst remote I've ever seen, but it could certainly use some improvement.

I am a new Adephia HD sub but I find the SA 8300HD easy to use. I just upgraded from the Harmony 659 remote to Harmony 880.. the 880 is awesome!

dtsfanohio said:
I am a new Adephia HD sub but I find the SA 8300HD easy to use. I just upgraded from the Harmony 659 remote to Harmony 880.. the 880 is awesome!
I like my 8300. It works great so far. The only problem is that it forgets the HD mode from time to time. Perhaps an HDMI cable will take care of that.

Remote is fine. Does the job. Unlike VOOM's remote it can control my A/V receiver, though I am still struggling with volume pass-through settings. I am primarily using Harmony anyway. I have just recently configured my Harmony H688 for Adelphia. Everything works great even with the standard configuration, except that I don't see any buttons mapped to take me to the list of recorded programs. I guess I will have to map it manually.

As for differences between SA8000 and SA8300, if I am not mistaken, the external hard drive capability was introduced in SA8300 - that's a big thing! May come very handy down the road.

lostcause said:
better remote??? wow. How bad was the 8000? I find the 8300 remote to be very cumbersome and not user-friendly at all. It's not the worst remote I've ever seen, but it could certainly use some improvement.
It was slightly larger and slightly more cumbersome - the 8300 remote was an improvement, but it still needs a backlight feature.
Ilya said:
As for differences between SA8000 and SA8300, if I am not mistaken, the external hard drive capability was introduced in SA8300 - that's a big thing! May come very handy down the road.
Yep, a SATA interface, if enabled, will allow you to plug in an external SATA hard drive.

Another difference as I understand is that all the video outputs (component, HDMI, RCA) are active simultaneously on the 8300, but not on the 8000. This comes in very handy when connecting to a nearby bedroom TV or using a Leapfrog-type AV signal transmitter to get cable TV in my kitchen without running an extra line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)