Sacramento OTA Guide Info

Poole

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Dish must have change how they do the guide mapping for the 942. I noticed today the OTA 13-1 now has guide information. Yipee no more manual timers for HD!:)

I put in a call Friday to Mr's Dugan and ***** at E* Friday after talking to Mr. Hess at KOVR THursday regarding some of their recent outages. As you know they were struck by lightning last year and have been having technical issues as a result on almost a daily basis. I also put in a call to KVIE. KOVR was supposed to have been taken care of 2 months ago. E* is currently looking into channel 6. Hopefully I'll hear back today and it will be up soon. I'm also looking at program guide for "I" (29) channel 64, also.

Last edited by a moderator:
teachsac said:
I put in a call Friday to Mr's Dugan and ***** at E* Friday after talking to Mr. Hess at KOVR THursday regarding some of their recent outages. As you know they were struck by lightning last year and have been having technical issues as a result on almost a daily basis. I also put in a call to KVIE. KOVR was supposed to have been taken care of 2 months ago. E* is currently looking into channel 6. Hopefully I'll hear back today and it will be up soon. I'm also looking at program guide for "I" (29) channel 64, also.

Thanks. After my post I saw your other message. If you had any influence on this it was greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, KVIE 6.01 is in the guide. Took a while but now the the locals are next. I heard D* did them today on their system. I get my 622 installed next wednesday. Life is good so far.

are any of you Sacto. area folks with a D1000 experiencing the weak signal problems on 129 that other folks in So-Cal and the Northwest are experiencing ? I live near Grass Valley and want to upgrade, but am somewhat reluctant because of the weak signal issues...

havana said:
are any of you Sacto. area folks with a D1000 experiencing the weak signal problems on 129 that other folks in So-Cal and the Northwest are experiencing ? I live near Grass Valley and want to upgrade, but am somewhat reluctant because of the weak signal issues...

I live in Rocklin and the local installers said they could get 129 with a dish1000 fine, but it would be weak and have pretty bad rain fade. They strongly recommended a separate Dish500 for 129 instead. They gave me my choice. I chose the Second dish. With the Dish500 I'm getting signal strengths of 79-86 on the different 129 transponders (both on the 508 and 721 receiver).
The installer claimed that they've been called back on quite a few Dish1000 installs to "re-peak" because of rain fade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)