Sad But True

ddlsmith

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2004
I'm not talking about Metallica unfortunately.

On the same day that we are discussing the "Groundhog Day" stunt, fiasco, marketing genius idea, or whatever...this appears (and I realize this is NOT breaking news and that this has been reported elsewhere in other SatGuys forums as well as all over the world):

EchoStar Communications Corp. (ticker: DISH, exchange: NASDAQ) News
DISH Network Passes 11 Million Customer Milestone; Company Now Third Largest Pay-TV Provider

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service has passed the 11 million customer milestone. DISH Network's lowest all-digital price and its award-winning customer service have prompted record numbers of consumers to switch from cable over the years, allowing DISH Network to pass Time Warner Cable as the third largest pay-TV provider in the United States.

In the last five years, DISH Network has added more than 7.6 million net new customers. DISH Network passed the 10 million customer milestone in June 2004.

"We are pleased that one out of every 10 U.S. households now subscribes to DISH Network, an achievement that took just over eight years," said Charles Ergen, chairman and chief executive officer of EchoStar. "Television viewers have signaled their demand for quality programming, affordable prices, and top-notch customer service; and DISH Network excels at all three. With the lowest cost, all-digital TV service, plus the top ranking in customer satisfaction surveys, DISH Network is an easy choice for the 110 million U.S. households seeking home entertainment."

DISH Network has also established a reputation as the innovator in the pay-TV industry, becoming the first to offer digital video recorders at no cost, the first to offer a DVR that lets consumers record and watch two different shows simultaneously, and the first to offer a high definition DVR. Early this year, DISH Network will also offer a multi-room DVR that records in high definition, plus a DVR that will allow DISH Network to offer true video on demand -- a first for satellite providers.

While the BIG DOG rolls on, is it not sad that we are not only grasping at straws to stay alive, but the provider of these straws is apparently ignoring us in our pitiful attempt at keeping our hopes alive?

Please VOOM...KILL US, INFORM US, OR SEND US AWAY!!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

My feeling is this. You dislike the indecision or lack of information on Voom's part? Then call Voom and cancel your service. There are other sat providers ready to take your business. Until Voom says something different from what they are telling their customers, it is still business as usual. Why not hammer Direct and Dish because they have not given you their next six month business plan for your approval ?

Indy said:
My feeling is this. You dislike the indecision or lack of information on Voom's part? Then call Voom and cancel your service. There are other sat providers ready to take your business. Until Voom says something different from what they are telling their customers, it is still business as usual. Why not hammer Direct and Dish because they have not given you their next six month business plan for your approval ?

You dislike the indecision or lack of information on Voom's part? Yes, I do. That was my point.

Then call Voom and cancel your service. And pay a $250 cancellation penalty? I don't think so.

There are other sat providers ready to take your business. Been there, done that. That's why I chose VOOM.

Until Voom says something different from what they are telling their customers, it is still business as usual. What they are telling their customers? Since the only point of contact I have with VOOM is their customer service department, I have been told the following:

"We aren't sure what's going to happen."
"It's business as usual until we hear something, not sure when that will be." and
"We're hoping someone will pick up the ball and run with it."

Why not hammer Direct and Dish because they have not given you their next six month business plan for your approval ? Because last time I checked, they had not sold their satellites.

Look, I am not a VOOM-basher. I love it. I want it to survive. I assure you I will be here until it is lights out if that happens. I just had to get that off my chest. Bash me as you wish, I feel much better now. :bounce

I've got all my hopes riding on VOoM Its just the suspense that's killing me. Kinda like that STD test I had, you just want to know the results NOW! :D

Indy said:
Why not hammer Direct and Dish because they have not given you their next six month business plan for your approval ?
They have announced plans - just like Voom announced expansion plans. But E* and D* have not given people a reason to doubt that the plans as announced will not come to pass.

And yet we still doubt that E* and D*'s plans will go smoothly.
E*: Subscribers expected AMC-15 to take over for AMC-2 at 105 but the satellite seems to be in eternal test mode so E* viewers wait for (probably) June. E* has said no new HD until the fall (with a couple of possible exceptions). Not a positive plan but it is an announced plan.
D*: Actually showed MPG-4 at CES. Their big plan is to use ka birds to launch several HD LIL markets. There are no guarantees in satellite, so many doubt that D* will perform. But their plans are announced.

V*: They have made plenty of positive announcements - but then they DID an action that looms over their plans. They sold their only operating satellite. They need to reaffirm their plans - and not just CSRs saying "business as usual" but the board or a press release saying "we've sold our bird, but this is how we are going to remain America's Premier HD Satellite Service".

JL

Get over it!

Either pay you monthly fee or don't.

When your screen goes fuzzy.....find someone else.

CaptMike said:
Get over it!

Either pay you monthly fee or don't.

When your screen goes fuzzy.....find someone else.
Earth to CaptMike....The company that makes the brakes in the car you are driving has sold their manufacturing plant to a rival company...when your brakes go out...go beg them for repair parts....assuming you are still alive!!

And by the way, if you are the owner of the company, even though it is all over the press that you have sold the company that makes the brakes, don't mention a word of it to your customers.

When your brain goes fuzzy....find someone else.

Get over that! :neener

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)