Sadoun introduces Monoblock FTA LNBFs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
Since many FTA channels are spread over several satellite, two satellites have been very popular amongst viewers Galaxy 25 (97W) & AMC4 (101W). Also for the Coptic Christian community Galaxy 25 (97W) and Galaxy 26 (93W).

The Sadoun DUO LNBF is a Monoblock KU-band linear LNBF for digital satellite reception of two satellites separated by 4 degrees on the Clarke Belt arc.

We are introducing two NEW models (now available in stock):

KLB1: Sadoun
Monoblock Duo LNBF 4 Degree Single Output Linear KU 0.4 dB

and

KLB2: Sadoun Monoblock Duo LNBF 4 Degree Dual Output Linear KU 0.4 dB

Same as KLB1, but with two outputs. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]This Sadoun Monoblock DUO LNBF is designed to work with One or more DVB receivers to receive signal from two satellites using one stationary dish.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Both [/FONT]will work with offset dishes between 60cm (23.6") to 90cm (36").

The LNBF on each side of this Monoblock Duo is a UNIVERSAL type. The built-in DiSEqC switch allows the receiver to switch between the two satellites instantly. This is used for Free To Air satellite reception in North America. Compatible with all FTA satellite receivers on the market today. Works with all KU band reception except DBS or DSS.

Comes with an adapter for any dish with LNBF holder 40mm standard diameter. Black LNBF Holder you see in the pictures is not included. It is usually included with the dish.

Instructions Sheet
Installation Instructions:
  • Place LNBF1 in the focal point of your dish using the Dish's LNBF holder.
  • Connect an RG6 coaxial cable between receiver 1 and LNBF Monoblock Output 1
  • Connect an RG6 coaxial cable between receiver 2 and LNBF Monoblock Output 2
  • Set the DiSEqC switch position in each receiver as follows:
    • Command 1 or A for LNBF1 (i.e. 101W or whichever the Western satellite you pick)
    • Command 2 or B for LNBF2 (i.e. 97W or whichever the Eastern satellite you pick)
  • Optimize the signal strength and quality for LNBF1.
  • Optimize the signal strength and quality for LNBF2 by turning it a little upwards or downwards a few degrees.

Attachments

• Monoblock-KLB1.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Monoblock-KLB1-holder.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB1-holder.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 259
  • Monoblock-KLB1-label.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB1-label.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 242
  • Monoblock-KLB2.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 242
  • Monoblock-KLB2-1.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB2-1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 227
  • Monoblock-KLB2-3.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB2-3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Monoblock-KLB2-4.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB2-4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 237
  • Monoblock-klb2-8.jpg
    Monoblock-klb2-8.jpg
    44 bytes · Views: 180
  • Monoblock-KLB2-label.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB2-label.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Monoblock-KLB2-6.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB2-6.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Looks like a great product, I wish there were a standard version so that I could incorporate it in an Ecoda 22k switched system though...

I totally agree about the universal issue.. I can't fit this into any setup because I can't use a 22k switch or a diseqc to add it. I suppose it'd be okay for a new setup that there are no aspirations to expand though. Maybe this will be a good gift to give to someone wanting only a glorystar style setup or something.

What I'd really like to see is basically two duals in a single casing - 2 outputs for each for a total of 4 outputs that I can combine with external switches for better flexibility. However, I might be the exception here, I dunno.

Still, it's cool to see these things making it to the USA finally

more, More, MORE !

Yea, when I saw there were two models, I was sure one would would be Standard, and have 4 outputs to take an external 4x4 switch.
I am a little lost for why the 1-output model was brought to market...:confused:
Perhaps these will fill some existing market niches.

Well, if they are successful, maybe the product line will be expanded.
Can anyone say: bandstacked ?

A couple of months too late for the Vietnamese viewers. VPTV is gone from AMC4. Only VTV4 on G25 now.

I am a little lost for why the 1-output model was brought to market...:confused:

someone with one receiver and 2 satellites to view. Sadoun posted it. 93 & 97 or 97 & 101

Now to scrounge up some change from the couch cushions to get one.

time for a review

Okay, Sadoun... he wants it.
Send Iceberg the 2-output unit for a review.
We'll all benefit from the test-drive.

Yea, I'm serious. - :up

Hehe, we would all like to try it :D

So I was thinking if I had a monoblock LNB what would I point at?
So I decided to come up with all the reasonable possibilities:

79-83, 83-87, 85-89
87-91, 89-93, 91-95
93-97, 95-99, 97-101
101-105, 107-111
113-116.8, 123-127

To me the most interesting combinations are: 79-83, 87-91, 93-97, 97-101, and 101-105 :D

What would you pick if you had one?

EDIT - Thanks, and good work Sadoun for always bringing new FTA technology to the US :)

I will be happy to offer a TEST sample in a random drawing to test and post a review. If you are interested in entering the drawing, just PM me within the next 2 days. I will select an entry at random and ship one out of the KLB2 to the winner.

Thanks for the feedback & suggestions. Usually a UNIVERSAL lnbf has more International (Europe, Asia, ME, and Americas) appeal and bigger market, than just the Standard LNBF (NA only).

As far as leaving the switch out and only have dual outputs on each side of the LNBF, that could be possible. I will have to check on the cost of tooling etc.

Hey, great idea!
Glad you thought of it! ;)

And as for the raw outputs, I don't know what I was thinking.
I should have suggested that a 4x4 switch be integrated into the LNB.

Then, the four outputs could feed four receivers, or ....
...could be sent to a 4x6, 4x8, or 4x12 switch, if necesary for expansion. - :up

For a quad output, try the StarChoice LNBF. Built in switch allowing any output on any connector. Now with the StarChoice LNBF, they have diiferent LNBF's for different size dishes as the spacing between the feedhorns changes with the size of the dish. I wounder how the Sadoun Monoblock handles this as it is noted as "Both will work with offset dishes between 60cm (23.6") to 90cm (36").". Is it a compromise between the sizes? i.e. sweetspot is optimised for a 30" dish, but also works for the smaller and larger one, just not with optimal signal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)