Status
Please reply by conversation.

emuman100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Pennsylvania
Hello,

I noticed my Sadoun KUL1 Ku linear LNBF seems to be lacking on the PBS stuff on AMC 21. I can't even get a signal on the DVB-S2 multiplex of LPB. I'd like to get a Norsat LNB, but where would I get a feedhorn to use with a Fortec Star FC90P? Do they sell Invacom LNBFs that do 13/18V switching with one output for the North American Ku FSS band?

Thanks.

Jonathan

I'm using a Coolsat 8000 for DVB-S2. 12140 is weaker than 12120 and 12180 for me, but I can still lock onto it.

For me 12140 is always a touch weaker that 12180, doesn't matter which LNB / Dish I use.
I haven't scanned 12120 yet.
The 12072 DVB-S2 runs about the same as 12140.
One thing about the DVB-S2, I do not get it after dark. A few others mentioned that too.
But I don't know why.
Have you tried in the middle of the day?

Do they sell Invacom LNBFs that do 13/18V switching with one output for the North American Ku FSS band?
SNH-031 is commonly available. It's got one output, and is a Universal for FSS.
QPH-031 is commonly available. It's got two outputs and is Standard for FSS.
(I'm ignoring the QPH-031 also has two more outputs which are circular and for the DBS band)

There are some TWF-something (?) LNBF, but they are not seen around too often.
They have two outputs, and I think they're Universal FSS.
As far as I remember, all the rest of the product line is designed for the world market and is Universal.
See Invacom web site for more info.

I'm another who can't get the LPB transponder after dark. The mystery has not been explained, but I'm pretty close to Lak7, so it may be a geographical phenomenon. The TP is difficult to lock, because of the 8psk . If I jog my motor 1 step in either direction, I lose it. That's a real tight window.

Thanks guys. I have noticed on C band I could not get some transponders after dark. For example, the Showtime multiplex on AMC 11. Right now, I cannot get the Scripps HD multiplex on AMC 10 with my coolsat 8000 and it's dark out. I'll try when it's light out, but I have a feeling it has to do with reflector size and LNBF quality. I'd use a Norsat Ku PLL LNB if I could, but I need the proper feedhorn for the dish I have. Maybe PLL LNBs will help reception quite a bit, especially after dark. More than likely though, it could be dish size, alignment, and obstructions that a PLL LNB will only marginally help. I'll try tomorrow and report back how it goes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.