Sadoun Satelliteguys Special Offer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I was amazed by my wife's reaction, as she caught me looking at the 1.2M dish specs, on Sadoun's site. She said "GET IT". ( I thought she hated me ! ) So I sent Sadoun an email about a delivered quote. A new motor and lnbf is in order, as well . Merry Christmas to me!

:)

review!

Hope one of you guys who gets one of these big dishes writes up a review for the rest of us to enjoy. Love to get one of them, but not until waaaaaaaaay after Christmas,haha. I'd love to go up there and check out everything they have, but its 570miles one way from the deep south. Plus they'd prob have to run me off once I got inside that warehouse full o' fta stuff.

Pretty soon, Tony . My dish is in Holland and will be delivered tomorrow ! :)
[edit]
My 1.2M motorized kit arrived today in pristine condition. All assembled and ready to put on the pole, EXCEPT I'm missing one Stainless nut for the motor bracket Ubolts. Metric, of course, looks like I'll be poking around the local hardware store/Menard's tomorrow. Do it today, but I picked up a nail in a tire on my van, so I'm running on a mini spare. Not going far until the real tire is fixed, maybe tomorrow, but we're expecting 12" snow, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Hope one of you guys who gets one of these big dishes writes up a review for the rest of us to enjoy.

What kind of review do you want? This is my first and only 120cm dish, so I have nothing else in the 120cm family to compare it to for signal quality performance. I guess I could unfairly compare it to my 90cm that this dish is replacing (i.e. what better signal I get and the cleaner 2 deg spacing issue performance I get that AMC-21 will be perfect for S2 reception that I don't get with the 90cm due to slight hint of interfering signal from G18).

The nice thing about the 120 cm other than being a nice one-piece stamped dish is that most of the stuff is similar to the 90cm fortec star I have been using. I won't have to take the 90cm entirely off the HH120 and lose that alignment. I keep the pole bracket on the HH120, just change out the "H" back bar of the 90cm for the longer 120cm one, bolt the 120cm dish to the new H bar, bring my LNBF from the 90cm to the 120 cm dish and check the aiming and expect due to the size difference there may need to be a slight tweaking.

I have a J-mast from the 120cm dish box that I can use when I redeploy the 90cm dish (the 90cm didn't have one when I bought it) and all is good.

I have had the 1.2 meter for a couple of years now on a HH120 motor. I can tell you that you should be impressed. Although the 120 motor is slow this dish will pull in any Ku signal out there. I have a qph031 invacom on mine and rain fade is a rarity even here in south Florida were we get some really heavy downpours. I even had a BCS621 on it for a while as a mini bud and got fairly good c-band reception. My setup for this dish is a Coolsat 5000 running usals with the Invacom LNBF and it is dead on from 30 west to 129 west. My coolsat 8000 and my Diamond 9000 lock the Florida S-2 stations on 87 west just fine with this dish.

Do it today, but I picked up a nail in a tire on my van, so I'm running on a mini spare. Not going far until the real tire is fixed, maybe tomorrow, but we're expecting 12" snow, so we'll see what happens.
Seems like anybody who is into all the tinkering and do-it-yourself stuff of FTA would have something like this on hand -
Slime Deluxe Pistol Grip Tire Plug Kit | Tire Repair + Sealant | Northern Tool + Equipment

Got me going more than once. ;)

We've been hammered here with the snow too.

Just a quick note to members who are inquiring about this offer: Please make sure to put your phone number in the phone or message field when you order. The freight companies require a phone number on all their shipments or they won't deliver them. Thanks :)

The snow melted on Saturday, and this morning was calm and sunny, so my new motorized 1.2M dish is up and running. I have USALS accurate from 72W to 129W ( my LOS range, pretty much) and only a few problems showed up. I had to cut out a small tab with a saber saw from the dish mount bracket. The tab was blocking the DG380 motor post from sitting in the "VEE" of the mount. Sadoun's pics of this motorized dish, is using the STAB hh120, with is an upward post, not a downward post like the DG-380. Also had a messed up thread on one of the motor mount U-bolts, which prevented it's use, the nut jammed on hard. Got out the saber saw again and zipped off the offending section. Luckily the bolts are plenty long ( only using a concrete-filled 2 1/4" pole) so I got away with it easily.
The only problem now is that the SQ readings are uniformly low, across the arc. The dish/motor combo is heavy enough that it's tough to hold onto it while changing the elevation, and still tighten up the bolts. I've optimized the dish elevation, I think, but possibly the motor latitude setting could be tweaked. I've had that happen once before, with the same kind of symptom. Even the circular birds are only about 80% ( my 90cm dish beats THAT ).

On the new Fortec Star 120cm dish, it comes with a new bulky LNBF arm. It works perfect with a DSS rectangular style LNBF without using the LNBF holder that comes with the dish. For a regular bulky dual KU LNBF with a 40mm feedhorn, you may have to turn the LNBF 180 degrees in the holder as shown in the picture. Make sure you use weatherproofed connectors. Also you may want to use weather-boot around the connector.

Attachments

• 120cm-holder-lnbf-2.jpg
    120cm-holder-lnbf-2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 120cm-holder-lnbf.jpg
    120cm-holder-lnbf.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

General Instruments Primestar 300D to FTA

Newbie question about power lines

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)